Thread: Are they In the wrong business?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord View Post
    She said the hotel's policy was not to allow unmarried couples of either sex to share a double or a twin room, however, they failed to explain the hotel's policy...

GL
    Okay, so they are prudes rather than specifically homophobic. What they're doing then is still illegal, but slightly less repellent.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Okay, so they are prudes rather than specifically homophobic. What they're doing then is still illegal, but slightly less repellent.
    It is not illegal to require that couples should be married....

GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

I think it's a bit sad really

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post
    I think it's a bit sad really
    Which part?

GL
    "Keep it real with me, and I'll keep it real with you"

Reviews

They lost their case, anyway. It was in the news a wee while back.

BBC News - Christian hoteliers appeal against ban on gay couple

But it seems that the Gay Gestapo aren't all that innocent. Turns out they got wind of this couple's policy, then set them up by having these two men make a booking where they deliberately did not indicate their sexual orientation. Then when the two gay men are turned away - hey presto, you're sued! Cue fake moral outrage from the Gestapo and the rest of the establishment falling over themselves to be seen as PC.

Surely the Gay Gestapo have better things to do than bullying an elderly couple like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mousey For This Useful Post:

northernwaster (07-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

But it seems that the Gay Gestapo aren't all that innocent. Turns out they got wind of this couple's policy, then set them up by having these two men make a booking where they deliberately did not indicate their sexual orientation. Then when the two gay men are turned away - hey presto, you're sued! Cue fake moral outrage from the Gestapo and the rest of the establishment falling over themselves to be seen as PC.

Surely the Gay Gestapo have better things to do than bullying an elderly couple like this.
    I hope the tossers responsibe are proud of themselves, I really do. Why go out of your way to force your lifestyle down the throats of people who obviously don't want it. The elderly owners don't stand in gay clubs preaching the gospel do they? We are ALL allowed our OWN beliefs not just the crusaders

I'm struggling at how to put what I'm feeling into words about these gay "heros." Actions like this only harm relations between the different factions of socity. Time for them to stop the crusade and get on with their lives in peace - what we all want!
    Last edited by northernwaster; 07-02-11 at 20:06.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by northernwaster View Post
    I hope the tossers responsibe are proud of themselves, I really do. Why go out of your way to force your lifestyle down the throats of people who obviously don't want it. The elderly owners don't stand in gay clubs preaching the gospel do they? We are ALL allowed our OWN beliefs not just the crusaders

I'm struggling at how to put what I'm feeling into words about these gay "heros." Actions like this only harm relations between the different factions of socity. Time for them to stop the crusade and get on with their lives in peace - what we all want!
    There is nothing in the article to suggest that any third party was involved.

Where are you getting your information from?
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post

Agree Mousey. That is quite weak imo.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Agree Mousey. That is quite weak imo.
    I have to ask the question once again - where are you getting the information that they were bullied?

Could asking, presumably politely, for a room constitute bullying?

Could highlighting discrimination constitute bullying?

I think that is a leap too far to accuse anyone of bullying, given the information presented in the article, but please feel free to share if you have additional information
    Last edited by scotus; 08-02-11 at 09:24.
    The Gods are just, and of our pleasant vices
    Make instruments to plague us