Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
I have more respect for Ali as a human being than a boxer and he was the greatest boxer ever.He is an amazing man.Even now with Parkinson Disease he is acting like a champ that he is.Do you know that this guy, with Parkinson Disease still trains in his gym and still hits the bag?That is a fact.

What a man,
Westside.

We have a meeting of minds West, I’m a huge fan of him, read every book I can find. Not really because of boxing, but all that he did outside. I’d go so far as to say I think he is probably the most perfect man that has ever lived, I would not use this term to another man, but in physical and mental/spiritual terms I’d call him Beautiful, and I just love his famous one liners, like

I whip em’ like I’m his daddy,
If he keep talkin’ jive, I’ll cut it to five..

I could listen to those forever

He spoke pure and undiluted common sense and although caught up in the race issues of the 60’s I don’t think had a mean bone in his body, He said himself he had little schooling but could talk to anyone on anything whether they were dirt poor or heads of state, and the only person who in the same day could walk down Harlem of the 60's or address an Ivy league University and totally entrawl and be loved by both or just talk on the street or address the UN with equal ease.

Look how he summed up the entire Veitnam War with the words “I ain’t got no quarrell with no vietcong”
He was vilified for refusing the draft but was proved right years later. And why should he go thousands of miles away to fight for freedoms that were denied him at home, Even winning an Olympic gold medal did not warrant him being served in a restaurant on his return home when he famously threw the medal in the river.

He had time for everyone, even when training for a title fight in his training camp in a remote area a hobo arrived one day and was told to leave but Ali intervened and spent hours talking to him alone and gave him clothes and money.

Have a read of this, you’ll find more wisdom and sense then in any religion or place of learning.

Muhammad Ali Quotes