Thread: Roy Keane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

hot head keane was not cut out for managership great player now leave it at that...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    hot head keane was not cut out for managership great player now leave it at that...

Keane is young in management terms and it still learning his trade ....i think success came too early for him with sunderland in his first season.

As for being a hot head , look who he learnt his trade from ..............................

cloughie pucked the head of a pitch invader..

and fergie , well lets not go there

nbt

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    Keane is young in management terms and it still learning his trade ....i think success came too early for him with sunderland in his first season.

As for being a hot head , look who he learnt his trade from ..............................

cloughie pucked the head of a pitch invader..

and fergie , well lets not go there

nbt
    I know you love em really.

Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

He has proven he's a good manager with what he done with Sunderland.They were bottom of the championship and got them promoted the same season. He wouldn't be able to do that if he was a bad manager. The following seasons didn't go to well with Sunderland. But you have to remember they wouldn't be in the premiership only for him. If his progress was at a slower pace perhaps there wouldn't have been as much expectation from him. But it's clear that Ipswich is a team that isn't suiting him. He didn't get off to a good start there by saying certain players would never play again for the team after one bad game. It looks like he's lost the dressing room. Clough could get away with that at Leeds as he could always get another job. It looks like a big mistake going to Ipswich and could prove costly to his managerial career. His biggest problem is himself. He thinks he has the potential to be as good as Ferguson and Clough. But Championship or a mid table Premiership club are about his level. He's still young and can improve though.
    Last edited by thehighwayman; 04-10-09 at 10:48.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Default Not LEEDS .

Brian Clough`s success came as manager of Nottingham Forrest and won consecutive European Cups,present day equivalent of winning the Champions League.Disgrace he was overlooked to manage National Team.Keane played under him in the early nineties I recall.

6. Default

yes keane played for him clough was the greatest manager ever, unfortuantely the only thing keano learnt from him was to have an ego the size of a planet. he(keane)was a great player but couldnt manage to go to the shops on his own,plus he betrayed his countryv and i say this as a true corkonian

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by seaniemor View Post
    yes keane played for him clough was the greatest manager ever, unfortuantely the only thing keano learnt from him was to have an ego the size of a planet. he(keane)was a great player but couldnt manage to go to the shops on his own,plus he betrayed his countryv and i say this as a true corkonian
    I agree with some of what you say Seanie but lets not forget that were it not for Keane that Ireland would not have qualified for the 2002 World Cup in the first place. He was used to the best of facilities at Old Trafford and just would not settle for anything less with the national team just before the start of the greatest international football tournament on the planet.

Im also not sure about your statement about Brian Clough being the greatest ever manager either.
    Im sure the likes of Ferguson Shankly Busby Paisley Stein etc.would be in the shakeup for that title as well.
    The Truth is out there.