Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt YES to Lisbon campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nothing about the lies from the NO side I notice. Coir (whoever they are) would have us believe that the minimum wage could drop to €1.84 if the Lisbon Treaty is passed. UTTER BULLSHIT. There is nothing in the Lisbon Treaty to force any Government to set a rate for the minimum wage. This is just one of the many lies being perpetrated by the NO side.

And incidentally, what were the UKIP doing over here during the week so?. If you slag off the President of the European Commission for interfering, surely to be consistent you should condemn the UKIP for interfering too?????

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by *Superman View Post
    Nothing about the lies from the NO side I notice. Coir (whoever they are) would have us believe that the minimum wage could drop to €1.84 if the Lisbon Treaty is passed. UTTER BULLSHIT. There is nothing in the Lisbon Treaty to force any Government to set a rate for the minimum wage. This is just one of the many lies being perpetrated by the NO side.

And incidentally, what were the UKIP doing over here during the week so?. If you slag off the President of the European Commission for interfering, surely to be consistent you should condemn the UKIP for interfering too?????
    I think the point about the minimum rate needs to be elaborated, it is not that they would force a drop in our minimum wage but the European court of law upheld cases in both Switzerland and France the right of a company to hire staff from another member state and pay them that member states minimum wage and not that of the country they are working in and if the treaty is passed it would give EU law extra powers to impose the same decision should companies here try it again, (irish ferries wasn't it??)

Reviews

It took nearly 1000 years to gain independence and 90 to fuck it away
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Blog Entries

Default Sorry Kieree.........

Quote Originally Posted by kieree View Post
    It took nearly 1000 years to gain independence and 90 to fuck it away
    But that's scare tactics by the no camp........

Lisbon has nothing to do with our independence.......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default And infact it's the lowest tactic I've seen by any side yet......

To use Irish patriots to try and influence a vote about Lisbon is an absolute disgrace.........

Give people the facts, provide them with the information and then let them decide........
    L

Blog Entries

Default What?

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    To use Irish patriots to try and influence a vote about Lisbon is an absolute disgrace.........

Give people the facts, provide them with the information and then let them decide........
    Luther?The gov gave the facts to the ppl and the ppl did decide and voted NO.The lowest scare tactic of all is a statement followed by silence.

We need Europe?Well someoen tell us why.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default And what has any of this got to do with out independence???

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    According to lisbon we strengthen our voice in EU but we actually lose independance because we will have such a small say in EU.In other words we will have a stronger voice in EU but at the expense of controlling our own affairs.

Westside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Luther?The gov gave the facts to the ppl and the ppl did decide and voted NO.The lowest scare tactic of all is a statement followed by silence.

We need Europe?Well someoen tell us why.

Westside.
    Our independence that as Kieree says took us almost 1000 years to gain was gained from Britain........

Nothing to do with Lisbon.........

And West, I'm not saying that we should vote on this again. I've made it clear before that I don't this should be happening...........

What I don't agree with is using the memory of the patriots of 1916 to gain a vote in either direction. Employing that the martyrs would be turning in their graves having given their lives in the countries struggle for independence and to saying a yes vote would be throwing it away.......

That BS of the highest order........

I'm not saying people should vote in either direction but it has nothing to do with the 1916 rising.....
    L

Blog Entries

Default Actually it isnt really

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    But that's scare tactics by the no camp........

Lisbon has nothing to do with our independence.......
    According to lisbon we strengthen our voice in EU but we actually lose independance because we will have such a small say in EU.In other words we will have a stronger voice in EU but at the expense of controlling our own affairs.

Westside.

Reviews

It has to be NO. Ireland is not there to be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by espensen View Post
    It has to be NO. Ireland is not there to be bought.
    What the hell is wrong with being bought. We all have our price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast