Thread: Nostalgia fuelled rant..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    I read over some old threads and there damn entertaining. Half the threads back then would be deleted or locked before they got the chance to get going if they were started now.
    Aint that the truth. It's like the fire is gone from the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Anyway....why didn't you post this in general? Didn't like the potential answers?
    It never really struck me, I just thought that this was the most on-topic board for it. I've never been scared of reading answers I don't like, if I was I would have applied for mod status all those years ago.
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

good post i enjoyed reading it

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Aint that the truth. It's like the fire is gone from the boards.
    The part of my post which was missing was about when NBT and those boys got banned. I started reading the forum around then and I even noticed a difference after that. I mean Pat's attitude towards the forum must have changed after posters are accusing her of being a criminal (rightly or wrongly I don't know). We can blame the mods but it's Pat that decides how things are run and it's up to her to reign the mods in if she feels there being too strict or otherwise. But she doesn't because that's how she wants it. I don't think things will change under the new managers either but who knows.

I don't know what the forum was like before that, if the forum was being diluted already. Maybe you can shed some light?

[QUOTE=It never really struck me, I just thought that this was the most on-topic board for it. I've never been scared of reading answers I don't like, if I was I would have applied for mod status all those years ago.[/QUOTE]

Well I thought you might be worried about it turning into a cat and dog thread or me winding up Westie or JamesCork to the max thread. I'm sure Anon is very relieved that he doesn't have another competitor for his modship hopes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to debest For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (07-08-10)

punterminator mate, did it ever dawn on you that we as mods only carry-out what we are told to do? We don’t make up the rules, you have to go higher up the chain of command to complain when and why a thread was closed. There is a strict set of guide lines in place that states when we are to close a thread or ban a user, we didn’t make that up higher up people did. I don’t know what you expect of us sometimes punterminator really I don’t.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnRambo For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (07-08-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    punterminator mate, did it ever dawn on you that we as mods only carry-out what we are told to do? We don’t make up the rules, you have to go higher up the chain of command to complain when and why a thread was closed. There is a strict set of guide lines in place that states when we are to close a thread or ban a user, we didn’t make that up higher up people did. I don’t know what you expect of us sometimes punterminator really I don’t.
    CONSISTENCY
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    CONSISTENCY
    But if the leadership isn't consistent, how can the moderation be?
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    But if the leadership isn't consistent, how can the moderation be?
    Well he claims they have a set of rules to work off, so everybody seems to be interpretting them differently
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

No 'he' didn't grumps. He said that some things have to go to a management decision. Anyway, look, chill. John was only trying to be straight with you..
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

An don (09-08-10), JohnRambo (09-08-10)