Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
Well it,s possible we might but it won,t be the government who cause this to happen but small businesses and multinational co and the people themselfs who will make this happen.
If they make the cutbacks in the right places earlier and kept the taxes lower, we might have been out of this mess a lot sooner
There is no way in hell that we'll be back to the Celtic Tiger days off full employment within three years, the government just pulled that figure out of the air to try and claw back some support because they won't have a leg to stand on in the next election.

As for large multinationals, they are paying tax that is so low that they are pretty much creaming off us (I'm looking at you Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard & especially Apple, 2%, that's an insult!). Interestingly enough, 100% domestically owned Irish businesses, such as Kerry Group and Glanbia, make up 50% of the corporate tax take in Ireland. Sure something like 90% of startups fail within two years in this country.

Unfortunately we are living in a country where the little guy doesn't have a hope while corporate greed rules the roost, but nothing new there I suppose.

I won't even start on the massaged figures that they come up with for the unemployment rate.......

Actually speaking about massaged figures, I might have a cheeky punt this weekend