Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p ireland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Ull have to clarify something for me here,to the best of my knowledge when Bobby Sands
    died the Irish republic consisted of 26 counties which it still does today,so pray tell how did he die
    to gain me my freedom?Im fairly certain i already had it
    Pearse,Mcdonagh,Kent,Clark Connelly,Collins,Lynch?????Any of those ring a bell?Alot of ppl gave their lives to gain the freedom that you apparently dont cherish too much nowadays.

Make no mistake about it.Yes voters cant beat about the bush all week long but the fact remains that they screwed the legacy of their forefathers and dumped their freedom down the jaxbowel.This isnr coming from my mouth.Its coming from the mouths of thousands of terrified sheep who voted against their own freedom yesterday.

Im driving a nail into my scrotum,
    Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Pro european

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Pearse,Mcdonagh,Kent,Clark Connelly,Collins,Lynch?????Any of those ring a bell?Alot of ppl gave their lives to gain the freedom that you apparently dont cherish too much nowadays.

Make no mistake about it.Yes voters cant beat about the bush all week long but the fact remains that they screwed the legacy of their forefathers and dumped their freedom down the jaxbowel.This isnr coming from my mouth.Its coming from the mouths of thousands of terrified sheep who voted against their own freedom yesterday.

Im driving a nail into my scrotum,
    Westside.
    Actually most of the people u have mentioned were openly pro European

Blog Entries

Default Not Pro Lisbon European

These ppl wanted rule from an Irish Parliament sitting at home free from British rule.I understand they had pro European ideas but not at the expense of Irish freedom nope.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default In fact if you look back through Irish history

youll see that each historical acheivement was followed by an etension of that achievement.this is exactly the same with Lisbon.We will eventually be ruled exclusively by Brussells.This where its headed for.

In Irish history the fight for basic tenents rights was followed by the fight for home rule which was followed by the fight for independence.Now we are heading in the opposite direction only ina more civilised way.

Westside.

In my opinion at some stage europe and the rest of the world will create a new treaty to join together we hav come closer to a one world government which is what the elite of the world have been working towards for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    youll see that each historical acheivement was followed by an etension of that achievement.this is exactly the same with Lisbon.We will eventually be ruled exclusively by Brussells.This where its headed for.

In Irish history the fight for basic tenents rights was followed by the fight for home rule which was followed by the fight for independence.Now we are heading in the opposite direction only ina more civilised way.

Westside.
    We are in complete agreement i dont know how people can justify the selling out of our people and claim to have respect for those who fought for that freedom today they all look down on us askin why did they bother!

Reviews

What does pro European mean. I'm pro European after all I happen to be European.

What I'm not in favour of is a federated European superstate run for and by the big powers in Europe with little or no regard for the needs of smaller states like Ireland.

People brush over facts like this but the euro has not saved us it has caused the hole we are in. The euro provided massive cheap credit that drove up the price of property. Interest rates were far to low during a bubble because France and Germany needed low interest rates it did not matter what Ireland needed. And now we are in this hole the normal way out is to devalue or permit your currency to devalue that is what the uk and us have done but we can't so instead they want pay cuts which of course will prolong the recession as peoples incomes are cut. But nevermind at least you don't need to change currency when you go to salou on your holidays.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Devaluation

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    What does pro European mean. I'm pro European after all I happen to be European.

What I'm not in favour of is a federated European superstate run for and by the big powers in Europe with little or no regard for the needs of smaller states like Ireland.

People brush over facts like this but the euro has not saved us it has caused the hole we are in. The euro provided massive cheap credit that drove up the price of property. Interest rates were far to low during a bubble because France and Germany needed low interest rates it did not matter what Ireland needed. And now we are in this hole the normal way out is to devalue or permit your currency to devalue that is what the uk and us have done but we can't so instead they want pay cuts which of course will prolong the recession as peoples incomes are cut. But nevermind at least you don't need to change currency when you go to salou on your holidays.
    Devaluation is a really bad option just gives a false sense of value in ure own country when u go
    trade ure currency is worth less so imports are much more expensive,during the recent economic
    slump it was suggested that Britian take this course of action but it was strongly resisted as it
    was seen as being a very bad option long term

As for the euro if we were not in the Euro at the moment i honestly think we vwould not get money to borrow from anybody,we can be very glad we are because the ECB will prop us up rather than let us drag the currency down by going under
    Last edited by ber; 03-10-09 at 22:38.

Reviews

Devaluation is a really bad option just gives a false sense of value in ure own country when u go
    trade ure currency is worth less so imports are much more expensive,during the recent economic
    slump it was suggested that Britian take this course of action but it was strongly resisted as it
    was seen as being a very bad option long term
    Sorry you are wrong britain has allowed sterling to devalue ie it has not propped it up look at the current euro to sterling rate and compare it to pre crisis rates it's upto 30% drop. This has effectively made britains produce cheaper and reduced britains wage rates compared to it's neighbours. Yes it has made imports more expensive and will lead to inflation but in the depths of recession neither of them are the biggest concern.
    Its the Crips and the Bloods all over again

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Propping up

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Sorry you are wrong britain has allowed sterling to devalue ie it has not propped it up look at the current euro to sterling rate and compare it to pre crisis rates it's upto 30% drop. This has effectively made britains produce cheaper and reduced britains wage rates compared to it's neighbours. Yes it has made imports more expensive and will lead to inflation but in the depths of recession neither of them are the biggest concern.
    not propping up and devalueing a currency are different things in the past Ireland
    announced percentage devaluations of the currency, Britian did not do this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast