Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trusted reviewers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

IIRC, a wise man once said Trusted Reviewers were wankers.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by trugent View Post
    Do you pay more attention to "trusted reviewers" than other reviews? I wonder if theirs are any better than other experienced reviewers.... maybe I am a bit sour, because I don't have a nice, shiny, gold shield by my name!!
    For what it's worth I think the whole TR thing is bullshit.

It serves no purpose other than to flatter the male ego. I trust nobody, on or off this site, on the basis of the badge, title, or acolades they hold. It makes a lot more sense to me to judge people by their behaviour. In terms of EI that means that long standing members who have written a good number of useful reviews are in my opinion worth reading if not necessarily worthy of trust.

The TR badge is too easy to get, too open to abuse, and too hard to lose. It's nonsense.
    Last edited by Bodkin; 03-04-11 at 22:53.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bodkin View Post
    For what it's worth I think the whole TR thing is bullshit.

It serves no purpose other than to flatter the male ego. I trust nobody, on or off this site, on the basis of the badge, title, or acolades they hold. It makes a lot more sense to me to judge people by their behaviour. In terms of EI that means that long standing members who have written a good number of useful reviews are in my opinion worth reading if not necessarily worthy of trust.

The TR badge is too easy to get & too hard to lose. It's nonsense.
    I think that has been the best comment yet, TR badges are too hard to loose and if they weren't guys wouldn't be flaunting them as if they are immortal, I also think if you do loose your badge, should such a thing happen more often there should be a notice put on his reviews saying so..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Must admit I find it a pointless system, there are peoples opinions who I trust be they TRs or not. When I first started reading reviews to be honest my reaction to some TR reviews was, what a wanker. Agreed too easy to get and an ego boost for some.
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I reckon the guys that give them out work for the council!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123