Thread: Timewasters and Spiteful Reviews

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Great post Amor.

What a brutal first post all those years ago. Stuff that makes you ashamed to be a man. I don’t think men really have any idea what women go through routinely let alone in a business like this.

Nostalgia for some imagined glorious past is a riff the likes of fascists and people insecure about their place in the world today go on about the whole time. It wasn’t great. Plenty of stuff that went on here in Ireland including state colluded rape, murder and torture we are all too familiar with.

My dad who is perhaps the person I admire more than anyone living or dead about 40 years ago told me it was none of our business that the man 4 doors down beat his wife. It took guts of a maybe 5 years before he picked up the phone and called the Gardai. Who came out once. The beatings didn’t stop but they moved somewhere where he not she could start again.

I miss bits of the past and some things were way better than today. I’d hate to be 15 again. Let’s not kid ourselves though that it was some fantastic utopia. The original thread shows we have evolved a bit . Maybe we are just internalising it but I’d like to think evolution has happened a small bit too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry68 For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (21-04-24), IAmLIAm (21-04-24)