Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anything really matter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willieh View Post
    At the end of the day we are all going to die and there is nothing that we can do about it - expect perhaps just live well and properly, treat our fellow man and woman with kindness and have some fun while we are actually here (and able!).

Is there any chance that a few more posters around here could try this novel experiment!
    If only a life that was so easy, many would not have to fight for just common curtesy, manners, respect or to live the lifestyle one chooses too honey.

Lady Von Teese
    Now in London check out my new photos, over 200 free to view

Does anything really matter ?
    Yes .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

willieh (17-09-14)

At the end of the day we are all going to die and there is nothing that we can do about it - expect perhaps just live well and properly, treat our fellow man and woman with kindness and have some fun while we are actually here (and able!).

Is there any chance that a few more posters around here could try this novel experiment!
    Does anything really matter?

Romanticist: Yes

Nihilist: No

i like to think i am a combination of them both
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Deven (15-09-14), willieh (17-09-14)

Reviews

Does anything really matter
    I think what matters at the end of our lives is two things
    number 1 what we learned I mean none of us are the same person as we were 10 years ago for example
    number 2 the people we loved
    I think that's it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

willieh (17-09-14)

Reviews

My father said that on his gravestone he wanted the following words
    I do not regret the things I have done
    Only the things I have not done.

If we could all be so fortunate to live our lives like that.
    PS My mother would not put that on his headstone.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

Alyssa Jenkins (16-09-14), tom sand (16-09-14), willieh (17-09-14)

Reviews

I remember coming across 2 things, seeing in a men's mag like GQ, that one of the main pieces of advice that men in their 70s would give a much younger man is just that, nothing (or very little) matters that much at the end of the day, the second one courtesy of Gareth O'Callaghan radio survey that main thing people would change in their lives, if they could go back in time, would be to insure that there first serious true love relationship worked out!
    Mind you for example seeing a well connected gobshite get ahead of you in life or work may have implications even right down to a difference in life expectancy rates! In societies where people are treated fairly and have a chance maybe nothing is that important because you get other chances in a society like ours, that is not the case!
    Ride them on the beaches!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Libertarian For This Useful Post:

willieh (17-09-14)

Reviews

100% in a agreement.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman76 For This Useful Post:

willieh (17-09-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hitman76 View Post
    100% in a agreement.
    What about all dem virgins in de next world?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If I were younger, I could join the army. Meet interesting people,,travel the world,,,,and be a first class sniper,,,(,with the proper government training) of course

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Agree with ya willieh but unfortunatly Human Nature been what is is, (with the greatest of respect to him) the last time someone tried to live & promote this way of life was Nailed to a Cross by a Power Freek called "Punches Pilot" over 2000 years ago & he "Physicaly" died.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Me4711 For This Useful Post:

willieh (17-09-14)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast