Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the time has come . help needed to get into the gym

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ISO HAWNY View Post
    good, but how come you find it enjoyable, when most others see it as a necessary evil?
    ..dunno really, I honestly just enjoy the time to myself after dealing with other people and work all day.
    Shirley on another thread said she enjoys going to shopping malls to relax/destress and I guess the gym has become that for me since I got too old for regular football. The endorphin high at the end is great but so is the time to think or just blare Zombie Nation on your iPod while working out. Try and view it as a few hours a week that you're spoiling yourself.
    Sorry if this just sounds like claptrap to you..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FullLife For This Useful Post:

ISO HAWNY (23-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ISO HAWNY View Post
    but at the end of the day, gym work is quite a solo thing.
    Lol well you lift the weights by yourself lol mate for me anyway I always find i have a better training session when training with someone else. Give it a wee while longer and if no joy try something more of an interest to you.

Best thing to do is go back to the gym and plant yourslef behind some really hot girl who is on a running machine or gym machine - forget about the pain and enjoy the view - works with me all the time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry123 For This Useful Post:

ISO HAWNY (23-07-12)

Reviews

The gym.... those dreaded two words... I think more dreaded when you reach your early forties as I am ....

I was never the big sporty type... played rugby in my earlier years, but never had a physique like one sees on the rugby players of today. But still, I would hate to let myself totally go. Its when you go on Hols, and you see the fine athletic type Italians or Spaniards along side the over indulgent Irish thats makes me motivated to never want to look like a slob.

Its motivation. Motivation to have self esteem. Motivation to want to at least look some way manly..lol.... Not hard to do, but hard to maintain. In my younger days I used to go the gym a few times a week, but now with familly and work commitments its harder to find the time. So one first needs the motivation and the opportunity.

A few years back I invested in a treadmill, bench press and a few dumbbells.. Bench press the best thing I found for keeping some shape. Even if your belly is fully of Heineken, to have a decent chest and shoulders will compensate. It being at home takes away some of the ritual of having to go to the gym. 15 minutes in the morning before you go to work or 15 minutes when you get home is easier to do. Dumbbells can be used as you post here on the internet...

So here is my thing... I pick three days a week. Defo a saturday morning for a good 40 minutes, and two other days for a lesser spell. I try to at least get maybe a tuesday and a thursday or a monday and a wednesday. If I miss a day, so what.. If I do ten minutes rather than 20, at least I do someting. Some days I feel lazy and I do nothing.. It doesnt really matter, so long as you have some consistencey... But I have found if you give it up for a month or so, you have it all to gain back again. So consistency is key.

To keep in shape requires motivation and commitment...

It aint easy... but can be rewarding...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

ISO HAWNY (23-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda babe View Post
    I wanna Gym also
    Would not be able to keep up with you if you joined gym

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy H For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (22-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy H View Post
    Would not be able to keep up with you if you joined gym
    You will Hun don't worry Lol x

* * My Loves - Join up in my Appreciation Group * Hot Pics *
    * Goodbye * Call over - Naughty Babe - For your Pleasure *
    * Cum Play with me ... Be my Toy ***** xo

***** Your Dreams Can came True =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda Babe For This Useful Post:

Tommy H (22-07-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I just put on a loud fast angry music on my mp3 haha that gets me going or youtube videos like this one haha

Last edited by celticden; 23-07-12 at 00:33.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

but if there in the gym your fucked cus you wont get anything done haha

Reviews

If your in it for fitness then I would agree with mer that running outdoors is much better

But if your weightlifting then join a good gym (not a hotel gym) and make sure they dont have smith machines cause they,re shite
    Pain is not a feeling an emotion nor a thought, Pain is weakness leaving your body.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaygoodtimes For This Useful Post:

ISO HAWNY (23-07-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

i joined a hotel gym has everything you want benches,squat rack,dumbells,cables ,pulldowns etc and its only 220 a year for a student well i pretend im a student haha

17. The Following User Says Thank You to celticden For This Useful Post:

Amanda Babe (23-07-12)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast