Thread: good internet provider

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default good internet provider

i live in the country and its so slow and shit is there any good ones?

I live in town and have Eircom. No complaints at all. I hear they're shite in rural areas.
    Last edited by Old timer; 23-06-12 at 10:32.

Reviews

I was lucky enough to get connected with Irish Broadband Breeze in the countryside before imagine took it over and stopped selling it in favour of trying to sell the far inferior WiMAX crap. My speed isn't anything to write home about but I never have downtime, the quality of the connection is excellent with virtually no packet loss and I average 150-200gb download per month and never received a download restriction because of it..

Reviews

Eircom's fine, they're a little more expensive than Vodafone but their service has been excellent for me for years. The further outside a town you are, the worst your broadband service is going to get, it's down to the phone lines really, one provider won't be any better (speed wise) than another if you're miles outside a town with old shitty phone lines.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I have upc on comp at home. For going around the country I've tried a few of the mobile ones....I find the meteor one the fastest but it varies really from place to place. Unfortunately the further west you go the worse everything gets. Hit and miss I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    Eircom's fine, they're a little more expensive than Vodafone but their service has been excellent for me for years. The further outside a town you are, the worst your broadband service is going to get, it's down to the phone lines really, one provider won't be any better (speed wise) than another if you're miles outside a town with old shitty phone lines.
    they still charging line.rentals with.their net ?

whats.their highest speed ?

are they still blocking sites ?

go upc much better in every way than eircom

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    they still charging line.rentals with.their net ?

whats.their highest speed ?

are they still blocking sites ?

go upc much better in every way than eircom
    They're still charging €24 line rental, they're offering 12mb for home users and 20mb for business. They still block Piratebay. UPC isn't available where I live. Choices are Eircom or Vodafone via telephone line or USB modems which are piss poor at best.

If UPC were available, I'd be on that. For now, they're not so I'll have to stay with the most reliable (even though they charge the most) which is Eircom.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Usernamed For This Useful Post:

Doozer (23-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    They're still charging €24 line rental, they're offering 12mb for home users and 20mb for business. They still block Piratebay. UPC isn't available where I live. Choices are Eircom or Vodafone via telephone line or USB modems which are piss poor at best.

If UPC were available, I'd be on that. For now, they're not so I'll have to stay with the most reliable (even though they charge the most) which is Eircom.
    that just.sucks

Reviews

Can't get broadband through my phone line and I only live a few miles outside town, within what eircom claim to be within range. Told me the line to my house isn't good enough. Got speaking to an eircom technician and he said they already upgraded the line going out but management in their wisdom replaced the line with pretty much the exact same quality line as was there already, cost cuts h said meant they were using up cable they already had lying around, especially in low priority / population areas like where I am
    Last edited by anon361; 23-06-12 at 11:42.