Thread: Irish justice system

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Angry Irish justice system

Is it me or what ?? is this irish justice system fuck up and are the judge’s living in the real world, I just watched the news and saw that the head of Ireland's largest fruit and vegetable producers has been jailed for six years for a €1.6m scam involving the importation of garlic.
    Paul Begley, 46, avoided paying customs duty on over 1,000 tonnes of garlic from China by having them labelled as apples.
    Dublin Circuit Criminal Court heard the import duty on garlic is "inexplicably" high and can be up to 232%.
    In contrast, onions have an import duty of 9%.
    The maximum sentence for the offence is five years in prison or a fine of three times the value of the goods.
    Judge Martin Nolan imposed the maximum term on one count and one year on another count.
    These are to run consecutively, meaning a total of six years.

This after he had agreed with the revenue to repay.

Now my Problem is that Shameless basterds Like Sean FitzPatrick, who has been quizzed by fraud cops over shady dealings in Anglo,
    Didn’t even Apology to the Irish nation for the €100 billion financial tsunami unleashed by him and his banker and developer pals which has led to tax hikes, job losses and savage cuts for everyone in Ireland.
    Now don’t get wrong if you avoided paying Taxes or break the law you must answer but for fuck shake get a balance.
    Last edited by kerry lad in town; 09-03-12 at 22:06.
    Never confuse education with intelligence One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kerry lad in town For This Useful Post:

hd7055 (10-03-12), jay67 (09-03-12), Julius Caesar (10-03-12), Morpheus (10-03-12), olddantucker (10-03-12), very shy guy (10-03-12)