View Poll Results: Death penalty

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 45.00%
  • No

22 55.00%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Ireland re introduce the death penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaygoodtimes View Post
    Yeah no question it should be brought back in for minor-serious crimes. My mate was attacked outside my house for a mobile phone and they were in their 30,s. Id give them the death penalty fucking Limerick scum.

its ur phone or ur face that how the trick or treat
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

Reviews

death is 2 easy an option for them tho, they need to suffer

Reviews

Don't you think it's a bit weird how the majority on this thread want the death penalty, which is pretty right-wing, but at the same time support legalised prostitution, which is seriously left-wing.

Is it possible to juxtapose these two dichotomous positions?
    or
    C'mere till I tell you a question - whaz dah all about like?

Reviews

Its a no from me. Personally think it is more of a punishment to be in jail the rest of your natural life.
    And of course if there is a miscarriage of justice the person is still alive to be released.
    Last edited by harry10; 08-03-12 at 18:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to harry10 For This Useful Post:

max california (08-03-12)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    the death penalty has to be brought back how many would commit awful murders if they knew they would face the lethal injection or hanging noone has the right to take the life of another person Criminals no longer have a fear of prison with computers gym facilities etc available to them Yes bring back death penalty for gangland murders & serious crime lets stop this bullshit human rights protecting the interests of these people they do not deserve to breath the same air as decent people
    Interesting......
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    the death penalty has to be brought back how many would commit awful murders if they knew they would face the lethal injection or hanging noone has the right to take the life of another person Criminals no longer have a fear of prison with computers gym facilities etc available to them Yes bring back death penalty for gangland murders & serious crime lets stop this bullshit human rights protecting the interests of these people they do not deserve to breath the same air as decent people
    Doesn't work in the states look at there crime rate.... Society is the problem you have to work at ground level
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    Doesn't work in the states look at there crime rate.... Society is the problem you have to work at ground level
    They made a bloody good film with the Green mile based on it though. Makes me cry every time I watch it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

harry10 (08-03-12), Julius Caesar (08-03-12), mer (08-03-12)

There's many issues here Drug addiction, Peer pressure, etc.
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

I don't agree at all with the death penalty. Why kill someone for killing someone? It's not really giving out the message that killing is wrong, is it? People have this mob-mentality when it comes to justice and would probably be happy if we ended up throwing criminals in the Colosseum again for good sport.

Two wrongs don't make it right, and of course, the what about the collateral damage of frying the 'wrong 'un'? The person committing the crime should be made to live with what they have done, granted some of them might be proud of it, but a few years of picking up the soap might change their perspective.

The only 'benefit' of capital punishment would be saving the tax payers a few bob, but I don't think that this should be a justification to start slingin' folk!

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Doozer (08-03-12), harry10 (08-03-12), Julius Caesar (08-03-12), max california (08-03-12), mer (08-03-12), Nicole (08-03-12)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I don't agree at all with the death penalty. Why kill someone for killing someone? It's not really giving out the message that killing is wrong, is it? People have this mob-mentality when it comes to justice and would probably be happy if we ended up throwing criminals in the Colosseum again for good sport.

Two wrongs don't make it right, and of course, the what about the collateral damage of frying the 'wrong 'un'? The person committing the crime should be made to live with what they have done, granted some of them might be proud of it, but a few years of picking up the soap might change their perspective.

The only 'benefit' of capital punishment would be saving the tax payers a few bob, but I don't think that this should be a justification to start slingin' folk!
    What if they have killed several people, in a cold and calculated way. What if they made someone suffer over a prolonged amount of time or made them watch while they raped their loved one before killing them? What if they had organised for several children to be harmed/abused and whatever they did, they could not stop themselves from wanting to do it again?

What if they showed no remorse or understanding for the suffering they had caused and actually longed to repeat?

In those cases it is not a life for a life, it's a life for several lives and who knows the ones that might be saved when they eventually get out?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast