Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mediums & The Paranormal

Reviews

dont believe in mediums but have had many experiences with the after life,god forbid if there was a death in my family,ill always get a sign,have done all my life,since my childhood,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to muster For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

Boots & Moo I respect Your opinions. Would not see myself as Staid or boring ...... then again maybe I am !!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

moo (07-01-12)

Reviews

An old parlour trick done by getting information, a lot of people have a lot in common in there lives and different social circles and a lot of it is reading that person.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNiceGuy2010 For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

A common mistake is to confuse fat gipsy women in caravans at funfares as mediums. These people are not mediums. We are not talking about horiscopes either - they are a different thing altogether. Neither are we talking of tarot card nonsence or crystal balls. Mediums dont appear on telly and tell you your granny is happy where she is now. Some of you have passed comment about the wrong thing .... you dont have to 'believe' in any of it. To understand it you need to feel it. A true medium will guide you if you want to understand.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

My ex went to a fortune teller many years ago and she made a number of predictions specific that came true, including the death of one of my brothers. She didn't say he would die, but that someone in my family with the initial D was ill and nobody realized how serious it was and it would not get better.

I had my Astrological chart done by a Professional many years ago, knowing only my place and time of birth, when she gave me the reading it was so accurate not in predicting the future but in my personality etc, she was able to pinpoint an illness I had developed to the month it had happened and the region of the body affected.

Not sure if I believe but I am not a total unbeliever.

Wolfie, whatever little things that are going on in your life causing your memories, I hope they remain little and pass without incident.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

wolfie (07-01-12)

Reviews

Thank you Doodle ........

I don't believe in any of that stuff at all. But the taught of seeing one scares the shit out of me in case it's true, the future is unknown and should stay that way and a false hope can be damaging.
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
    I don't believe in any of that stuff at all. But the taught of seeing one scares the shit out of me in case it's true, the future is unknown and should stay that way and a false hope can be damaging.
    Beware the Ides of March, Julius

Derren Brown uses behaviourist psychology, nothing more, albeit he is very clever with it! As for mediums, I went to see one when I was about 18 and his questions seemed very generic. I wasn't convinced.

When I was of a similar age, I worked for a well known electical retailers. I helped a older gentleman put a vacuum cleaner (or something) into the boot of his car. He thanked me and I said, "No worries", etc. Anyway, as I walked off, he called to me:

Man: You're a good kid, but why, why are you so angry?
    Sam: Excuse me?!
    Man: I sense that you are a very angry young man. You have a good heart, but you're angry.
    Sam: Angry? What do you mean?
    Man: You let things get on top of you. Don't be angry. Over the next ten years, you will face some very tough trails in your life, but after these bumps in the road, you will have a long and happy life.
    Sam: Sorry... I really don't get what you are on about!
    Man: I'm a medium... you will have a long and happy life. Don't be angry! Thank you for your help. You're a good kid.

And off he went!

He was right... over the last ten years, I had a string of bad relationships, a bad marriage and have had a lot of problems regarding my children. Everything in my life seems to have fallen into place; granted there are still loose ends to tie up, but I'm ultimately very happy. I'm not sure how much I buy this thing with mediums, but I hope to heck he's right!

He was right... I was an angry teenager!
    Last edited by samlad; 07-01-12 at 12:32.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (07-01-12), MrNiceGuy2010 (08-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Derren Brown uses behaviourist psychology, nothing more, albeit he is very clever with it! As for mediums, I went to see one when I was about 18 and his questions seemed very generic. I wasn't convinced.

When I was of a similar age, I worked for a well known electical retailers. I helped a older gentleman put a vacuum cleaner (or something) into the boot of his car. He thanked me and I said, "No worries", etc. Anyway, as I walked off, he called to me:

Man: You're a good kid, but why, why are you so angry?
    Sam: Excuse me?!
    Man: I sense that you are a very angry young man. You have a good heart, but you're angry.
    Sam: Angry? What do you mean?
    Man: You let things get on top of you. Don't be angry. Over the next ten years, you will face some very tough trails in your life, but after these bumps in the road, you will have a long and happy life.
    Sam: Sorry... I really don't get what you are on about!
    Man: I'm a medium... you will have a long and happy life. Don't be angry! Thank you for your help. You're a good kid.

And off he went!

He was right... over the last ten years, I had a string of bad relationships, a bad marriage and have had a lot of problems regarding my children. Everything in my life seems to have fallen into place; granted there are still loose ends to tie up, but I'm ultimately very happy. I'm not sure how much I buy this thing with mediums, but I hope to heck he's right!

He was right... I was an angry teenager!
    Could it have been the swear words you were muttering as you put the vacuum in his boot that gave it away! LOL.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

samlad (07-01-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast