Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban cars in Dublin

Reviews

Default Ban cars in Dublin

The latest idea is that cars in Dublin will have to give way to pedestrians.

I'm not sure this is particularly safe given current attitudes of some pedestrians.

Anyway last year it was the 30 kph limit.

Looks like the long term plan is to rid Dublin of the car.

There is no public transport where I live. Not sure how this makes sense?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen View Post

I'm not sure this is particularly safe given current attitudes of some pedestrians.

I am proposing that cars now drive on the pavement and pedestrians walk on the roads, makes about as much sense and will reduce the number who die on our roads as accidents will be confined to the pavements!!!!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (04-01-12), Eugen (04-01-12), experiencedguy (04-01-12), very shy guy (06-01-12)

Reviews

Politics. It's a rotten game.

A new regime gets voted in and they rush to put their stamp on everything whether it makes sense or not. Varadker is behind this I presume like he's behind the 16 new penalty point offenses announced last week. Reilly is another one, disbanding the HSE which may be the right thing to do but how the f**k can he know that for sure in such a short time frame ?

They all want to be seen to make a mark on something and leave a legacy of some sort regardless of whether or not it's in the interests of the public. I can't for the life of me understand why but it seems that so long as they change something or something has their name attached to it then it's a success whether the public gain or not. It's a terrible regime, and it's very difficult to break it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banjo For This Useful Post:

Big-Paul (04-01-12), Eugen (04-01-12), very shy guy (06-01-12)

Sure isn't it only a matter of time before theres a new tax for driving your car in city centres as in London

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to muineman For This Useful Post:

Eugen (04-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by muineman View Post
    Sure isn't it only a matter of time before theres a new tax for driving your car in city centres as in London
    They didn’t think of or I expect there would !

Reviews

fukin idiots.wat bout call outs in town,shops need 24hour services availible for shutters and lifts and if one was to break den how would the nice kind folks get in to town to fix the problem.what park half a mile away and walk with all der tools,,and wat bout the car parks in town,shud we just fly our cars on to the roof of da car parks,if only the ones running this country had a brain,i think we shud send of of the see the wizard of oz ,,i bet he could help

Not sure where you live bro- & Im just reading up on the details- but it seems the area being focused on is the city centre- where there's a reasonable amount of pub transport.

tis only collage green really which is easy avoided and only for 3hours in the morning and evening

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0421/transport.html

i walk everywhere as i dnt drive but been in christchurch i might be a bit slow during those hours lol

but i mean its just dame st as i said numerous ways around it...

in the case of delivery vans or serivces vans etc id persume maybe they wud get a permit in and out

whats hilarious been a person who uses dublin bus not like the over inflated buses bloody turn up on time and when they do they travel in packs! 1.30e is now the cheapest fare up 10c but i know that dnt sound like much but think about it a person working 5 days a week that 20c a day extra a euro a week 52e a year extra on there travel costs which are already jokingly high!
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

Eugen (04-01-12), very shy guy (06-01-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    tis only collage green really which is easy avoided and only for 3hours in the morning and evening

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0421/transport.html

i walk everywhere as i dnt drive but been in christchurch i might be a bit slow during those hours lol

but i mean its just dame st as i said numerous ways around it...

in the case of delivery vans or serivces vans etc id persume maybe they wud get a permit in and out

whats hilarious been a person who uses dublin bus not like the over inflated buses bloody turn up on time and when they do they travel in packs! 1.30e is now the cheapest fare up 10c but i know that dnt sound like much but think about it a person working 5 days a week that 20c a day extra a euro a week 52e a year extra on there travel costs which are already jokingly high!
    a lad i work with used to pay 1.85 for his bus each way now its 2.15 thats 30c extra each way 60c a day 3 euro a week 156 euro a year more than what he paid last year and thats only to get to and from work never mind if he uses the bus for shopping or whatever. it might end up being cheaper to get his own car and he would have the use of it whenever he needed it.

Reviews

Its the Labour led Dublin city council thats behind it. Lunatics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast