Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Shirley View Post
    ..feeling depressed on Christmas time?
    I remember when I was a child I couldn't wait to look down the Christmas tree in the morning,then when I was a teenager I was eager to "escape" from the school as the holiday was coming...the first snow was always giving me "life"... This year is weird,I don't feel it's coming,I feel down,like I am waiting the end of the earth or so...
    Then I see on tv so many "cry for help" from people they don't even have water to drink,and then are coming up those rich people showing their houses with cinema at the ground floor ...

I feel sorry for this thread as I see all of you excited about the christmas,but I had to share my mood..

And I feel soooo down..
    Sorry you're feeling down Shirley. I hope come Christmas morning, you're spirits will have changed and all the excitement of Christmas will be back!

Christmas has lost it's lustre for me. My family are now abroad and I haven't spent Chrstmas with them for many years. I tend to spend it with close friends, but inevitably feel like a blow in (inspite of the fact that they are really good friends, they're not family). And to compound matters i'm working over the Christmas period this year!

Anyhow, I find counting my blessings always puts me in a far better more thankful mood. Like the fact that I have job (better working over Christmas than being umemployed at Christmas), the fact that I have family (even though I'm not with them) and the fact that I am healthy. (And lets not forget - the excitement and joy of meeting ladies on this site!)

And my heart goes out to people like Wolfie who have lost loved ones around this time. It is never easy facing Christmas with memories of loved ones lost.

So count your blessings all, and lets put on a brave face and smile for Christmas (even if we're feeling a little blue).

It will be over soon enough and then we only have New Years to be depressed about!!!
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (22-12-11), wolfie (22-12-11)

I have always loved Christmas, but like Kelly, I didn't get a chance to celebrate it for the past 10 years or so. On top of that for the past few years i've been periodically having some issues to deal with right around that time plus I usually get a flu around the end of the year since I was a kid. I'm dealing with it very well. I presume it's partly because i've accepted, that it is ok to feel down (If I'm honest, I do actually enjoy it.. Yeah, yeah, I know wot you thinking but us masochists are a bit weird like that lol)
    The thing is, that it hits me each year just after christmas and I'd be promising myself, not to miss the next years celebrations. Then I have strange tendencies ie. making Christmas in January and similar lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

mer (21-12-11), Shirley Joy (22-12-11)

Hi Shirley.

I know how you feel girl. I call it the winter blues. I get it. I feel more anxious around this time for some reason and more down. Some people think it is down to a lack of sunshine or vitamin E but on some days I get it worse than others. You are definitely not alone on this one. Good to see some other people feel the same way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to captivated For This Useful Post:

Shirley Joy (22-12-11)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123