Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Recession ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Eh... Paul_m badly needs a shag Anon... how ya fixed...lol
    I thought you were sorting that one

Reviews

My income is broadly similar but with all the income levies and taxes my nett income is down a bit. what has changed is the bitching from my bosses about any overtime worked- they seem to think you will work the anti-social hours I do for nothing. They are getting it in the neck from their bosses above them.
    As for the lead question"what recession?" I had reason to go to some restaurants for festive occasions lately and each time there wasn't an empty table so some people are still able to dine out despite the hard times. Times are hard for anyone who loses a job and has an overpriced house with a huge mortgage and I really feel for them and thank God i'm not in their shoes coz I don't see a solution for their troubles anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I'm not looking for long winded stories or explanations here, more a show of hands. Is there anyone on these here boards who the recession hasn't touched yet ?

Just to add that the topic of recession has come up a few times and I remember some saying they had escaped relatively unscathed so far. I wonder how many are still significantly untouched by it at this stage.

I am not in recession but I warn you do not even think to come to steal me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123