Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Giving up smoking! AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotsophie View Post
    Well its the third day of cold turkey for me now and definitely the worst day but things are kept easier by what you are all saying here, i know it is possible so just trying to keep strong an not go to the shop on the corner for a packet of fags
    This is mad so much support from everyone thanks to all and yea Sophie and I will kick the habit!!!! And don't do what I wouldn't do haha.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sperminater For This Useful Post:

hotsophie (08-06-11)

Forget the addiction. I believe that nicotine replacement is just a money maker.
    It's breaking the HABIT you have to do.
    Change your routines and change everything that is a smoking trigger.
    I started to drive different routes as certain parts of a regular journey, I would reach for a fag.
    After dinner, do something straight away so that you are distracted from thinking about smoking. Even if you write down good and bad points of smoking when you have a craving. You will see the bad points list is always much longer. By the time you have done that the craving will have passed.
    You will feel so much fitter and healthier in a couple of weeks time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

hotsophie (08-06-11)

5. Default

It's easy to quit
    Hi Sophie
    Congratulations you are now a 'non smoker'
    I quit smoking 4 months ago after 31 years of nicotine in my system and found it quite easy after reading Allen Carr's book.
    You have to go cold turkey, don't use any nicotine replacement's, it is very difficult to stop nicotine addiction with nicotine!!!!
    The main nicotine withdrawal takes about 3-5 days then it gets easier- the last bit of nicotine will leave your body after about 3 weeks and then it's all in your head. In fact most of the addiction is in your head from the brainwashing everyone gets about smoking.
    Look on the positive side, you are now free- be happy to have kicked it
    You really should buy Allen Carr's book it's great to read and use as a guide during weak moments
    He saved my life and my quality of life

6. The Following User Says Thank You to volvic11 For This Useful Post:

hotsophie (08-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by volvic11 View Post
    It's easy to quit
    Hi Sophie
    Congratulations you are now a 'non smoker'
    I quit smoking 4 months ago after 31 years of nicotine in my system and found it quite easy after reading Allen Carr's book.
    You have to go cold turkey, don't use any nicotine replacement's, it is very difficult to stop nicotine addiction with nicotine!!!!
    The main nicotine withdrawal takes about 3-5 days then it gets easier- the last bit of nicotine will leave your body after about 3 weeks and then it's all in your head. In fact most of the addiction is in your head from the brainwashing everyone gets about smoking.
    Look on the positive side, you are now free- be happy to have kicked it
    You really should buy Allen Carr's book it's great to read and use as a guide during weak moments
    He saved my life and my quality of life
    the book is definitely needed i broke about half an hour ago, went to the shop to get some chocolate and bought fags instead, really disappointed in myself! But on that note all i have to do is start again, so first thing in the morning i am off to get the book you have suggested. FFS my will power is obviously shite aarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A horny old gypsy named May, Had a stud for a client one day.
    She said, "Look in my eyes...", Then did hypnotize.
    That boy's still her toy to this day

Returning to work at the end of march after nearly a year away!

Reviews

I gave up over a year ago Sophie and went cold turkey and was the best thing i ever did. Stick with it its worth it in the end. Strange thing now for me is i actually feel sick when i get the smell of smoke now.
    “Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same”
    Alan Ball

Justice For The 96

the book is definitely needed i broke about half an hour ago, went to the shop to get some chocolate and bought fags instead, really disappointed in myself! But on that note all i have to do is start again, so first thing in the morning i am off to get the book you have suggested. FFS my will power is obviously shite aarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No need for disappointment. It's just a blip. Stick with it and try again tomorrow.. I don't think many people quit at the first attempt.

No need to be disappointed, one fag is not the end of the world
    I suprise myself with nice things eg. after two weeks without cigarettes got a really nice pair of sandals/i put the cigarette money into a jar every day/it works for me!!!!
    Good bye Ireland!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

hotsophie (08-06-11)

Reviews

Perhaps going Cold Turkey might not be the best option. Maybe limit yourself at first and gradually quit?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Perhaps going Cold Turkey might not be the best option. Maybe limit yourself at first and gradually quit?
    That seems lke a good idea in theory Ray. I tried that & failed miserably as the temptation is always there to smoke more.
    Cold turkey is working so far, as is having a bit more cash in the wallet... lol
    Wonder what I could spend it on?......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

Rayden (08-06-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    That seems lke a good idea in theory Ray. I tried that & failed miserably as the temptation is always there to smoke more.
    Cold turkey is working so far, as is having a bit more cash in the wallet... lol
    Wonder what I could spend it on?......
    Maybe I should take up smoking and try to give it up to see what it takes.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayden For This Useful Post:

theqm (08-06-11)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast