Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    Folks I've to buy a new car. What would you choose ? And be realistic ..... I'm not talking a Porsche, Ferrari or a Maybach here !

For me one car is the same as the next .... but I do like my comforts too It must have a proper back seat, 4 doors and be practical for everyday use.
    Good suggestions all. What about the new Audi A5 saloon? I'd personally go for the coupe, but I see with the kid you want a four door. It comes in diesel if thats an issue, and I'm told its front wheel drive, which is good for our annual snow.

"Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

benin (13-02-11)

Mmm .... it's also very possible to loose the will to live as a result of someone wanting to steal your car any way necessary.

The Avensis did catch my eye though I must admit. Have only ever been in one as a taxi mind you but thought it was very comfy ....
    The Avensis is one of those cars that does everything competently and will give you no trouble at all.
    But it is in no way at all interesting or even vaguely exciting to drive.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willyup View Post
    The Avensis is one of those cars that does everything competently and will give you no trouble at all.
    But it is in no way at all interesting or even vaguely exciting to drive.
    yeah they are good cars if you want a taxi, will never break down, probably the most boring car you could buy, the interior so cheap you'd think it was made out of recycled wheelie bins, they dont break because they're basic and there's nothing to go wrong with them.

Any type from AUDI and BMW. U wont go wrong.

Reviews

whatever you decide, i'd say the dealerships
    will be glad of the custom.
    Last edited by warmcome; 13-02-11 at 22:45.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hornylimerick View Post
    the new 5 series is nice and 10k cheaper than the old one
    Was thinking about getting a 07 one a few months ago , but they are gettin too popular with tossers , and most 5 series drivers are total cocks so didn't want to join that group !

Ended up getting an 08 Passat , and i'm more than happy with it . Was thinkin about Skoda , took one for a test drive , but honestly i couldn't sit in it and drive everyday having to look at that manky SKODA logo
    Last edited by rimmerguy; 13-02-11 at 22:52.
    I have no signature at the moment

Blog Entries
    Reviews

All very useful folks. From 5 series to Civics to Z4's to Prius to Avensis to .... hovercraft ????!!

Where's a balance betweer flash and comfort then ? Something high spec but forgetable enough to not attract any undesirable attention. Like, maybe a 5 series crossed with a Lada. Any ideas ??
    In short a Skoda Superb. There is plenty of bells and whistles in Skodas. The Superb is a huge car - even the saloon. The only problem I've heard of is some automatics with the DSG transmission have given problems. But you can check for recalls, etc online.
    And no - I don't work for Skoda.
    Also my commiserations on your last car. Hope your insurance company didn't rob you as well.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Don't buy anything that is rear wheel drive. I have had the most miserable winter of my driving life.
    Lucy, reduce the rear tyre pressure to 20 psi and continue having fun!

Reviews

Wanna buy a Porsche ........ Im selling my Porsche 911 cuz its like a cop/traffic warden magnet around where I live. Only had it a few months and Ive had more parking tickets in those few months than the last 10 years. Mrs Monkeynut has a new E Class Estate. Lovely car.
    Last edited by Monkeynut; 14-02-11 at 02:28.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkeynut For This Useful Post:

OnlyMe (14-02-11)

Reviews

I got new shape ford mondeo before xmas..great car huge boot on it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast