Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is formula 1 dead?

Thumbs up

Typical F1 tv race for me goes as follows, eyes glued to telly at start waiting for the first corner
    start to loose interest after 4th lap, snooze and snore profusely through lap 50ish ofton with head lying awquard on back of sofa like a nodding horse annoyed at the telly volume yet too lazy to stretch my arm out 10 inches for the remote to turn it down, then awake to see the final winning lap and presentation, dunno why but i seem to have it timed perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    Typical F1 tv race for me goes as follows, eyes glued to telly at start waiting for the first corner
    start to loose interest after 4th lap, snooze and snore profusely through lap 50ish ofton with head lying awquard on back of sofa like a nodding horse annoyed at the telly volume yet too lazy to stretch my arm out 10 inches for the remote to turn it down, then awake to see the final winning lap and presentation, dunno why but i seem to have it timed perfectly.
    if you like next f1 race ill get the remote for you...and maybe we could pass the time between lap 4 and the end some other way?

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    if you like next f1 race ill get the remote for you...and maybe we could pass the time between lap 4 and the end some other way?
    necraphilia is sexual attraction too corpses, you have 49 laps in which to revive me

Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    necraphilia is sexual attraction too corpses, you have 49 laps in which to revive me

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm im ready when you are

Reviews

"topgear" did a piece on Senna this evening, they were real racers then. 1200Hp turbo charged F1 cars with little down force and drivers with attitude and balls. Could u imagine telling Senna to let his team mate past? He would have bulldozed him off the bloody track. Today all F1 has is trained poodles who do as as their corporate masters tell them. There is no characters or personalities in it anymore.
    We need the likes of Senna, Prost, Lauda etc to make it more of a spectacle again.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Derry lad View Post
    "topgear" did a piece on Senna this evening, they were real racers then. 1200Hp turbo charged F1 cars with little down force and drivers with attitude and balls. Could u imagine telling Senna to let his team mate past? He would have bulldozed him off the bloody track. Today all F1 has is trained poodles who do as as their corporate masters tell them. There is no characters or personalities in it anymore.
    We need the likes of Senna, Prost, Lauda etc to make it more of a spectacle again.
    He did it to prost on more than one occasion,itsvery hard to judge their talent anymore as the technology does most of the work...
    Last edited by aml; 25-07-10 at 22:55.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Formula 1 is dead because of corruption and cowardice at the top. In fairness today ferrari were fined for cheating but tell me why they were not disqualified . The owners of formula are scared shitless of the likes of Ferrari and Mclaren because of the furoe they created a couple of years ago when the rules were changed to let the lesser teams compete

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by An don View Post
    Formula 1 is dead because of corruption and cowardice at the top. In fairness today ferrari were fined for cheating but tell me why they were not disqualified . The owners of formula are scared shitless of the likes of Ferrari and Mclaren because of the furoe they created a couple of years ago when the rules were changed to let the lesser teams compete
    F1 will cease to exist if ferrari ever did leave the "sport",its all about sponserships and politics these days.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

It's true that with the manufacturers' threat of creating a rival GPWC to F1, there's not a lot that the FIA can do against the big teams. But I don't get what all the fuss is about. I think team orders should be allowed - instead of thinking about how just one race wasn't as enjoyable, the teams have to think World Championship, with each race win being a stepping stone along the way.

So what if the number 2 driver is ordered to pull over with a couple of laps to go to let his team leader take the win? He knew what he was signing when he joined the organisation. The team nor the team leader shouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty about "fixing" the race - if the other teams were any good, they'd have fuckin' won instead.

Anyone hear of Villeneuve/Pironi in 1982?

Reviews

F1 is like all other sports, started up by lovers and supporters of sport then taken over by accountants!
    Look at the GAA, it's probably run by accountants now too! I know that where money is involved then accountants will be needed but ffs, let sport be sport!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast