Quote Originally Posted by whiteball View Post
I'm mystified as to how many ministers in a party in government are all giving up and walking away!!!
The results of the next general election will be groundbreaking in every way.
No doubt we will see huge change in a way that the people have never voted before. The fact that the
traditional parties don't see a need for change in the system says it all. Also Simon is being thrown under
a bus by his party colleagues. FG have realised they cannot solve what they have created & have no desire
too.
I don't think its as simple as that! All the opinion polls over the past few years show little variation really, a few points here, a few points there, no major swing. FF and FG combined have more support than the Shinners in the last big opinion poll. Change won't happen, everybody waffles about 'change' and nothing much changes. Mick Wallace and Clare Daly waffled about change and combatting corruption and now both of them are on the big gravy train in Brussles doing sweet F all. I've been around too long. Simon had his chance, Leo beat him, he knows he has his day, time for him to move on anyway.

At the end of the day it's us the people that vote, we can't blame anybody else for whatever politicians are elected.