Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New members

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH123 View Post
    Yeah good point, I’m on the cynical side, less than 10 reviews and I file them under dodgy, a few shit posts and they are relegated to the troll section and there’s no coming back from there.
    I’m always a bit sceptical about fellas who start posting the same day the become members..

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by charlie82 View Post
    I’m always a bit sceptical about fellas who start posting the same day the become members..
    Yeah, there are always tell tail signs, a deluge of posts on every thread is one, split personality/passive aggressive tendencies another, the clincher is in-depth knowledge of past events, that’s where they always slip up, all the returned trolls have grudges they can’t hide

Reviews

Yeah, there are always tell tail signs, a deluge of posts on every thread is one, split personality/passive aggressive tendencies another, the clincher is in-depth knowledge of past events, that’s where they always slip up, all the returned trolls have grudges they can’t hide
    And a tendency to like Prosecco and the finest chocolates.
    Last edited by bmw528; 26-12-23 at 20:21. Reason: Oh, and to spell everything arse ways.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Nononsense111 (26-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bmw528 View Post
    And a tendency to like Prosecco and the finest chocolates.
    An unhealthy obsession with bedroom furniture as well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (26-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmorInfinito8 View Post
    People will be sceptical of you at first
    it's within your power to change that or not!?
    Does seem a bit odd joining and making your first post on Xmas day 🚩
    no reviews! 🚩
    I'm always cautious of anyone who joins and starts posting without posting their first review
    Just never made any sense to me personally...
    edited Amor as to not post a wall. I believe context is still intact.

Yeah good point, I’m on the cynical side, less than 10 reviews and I file them under dodgy, a few shit posts and they are relegated to the troll section and there’s no coming back from there.
    A few questions for the skeptics...

Are you leery of all posters who have caught a ban returning? Most? Are there a few victims of the ban hammer that you would actually like to see reemerge?

Obviously, there are actual "trolls" (but not actual trolls ).
    I've received my share of scrutiny and it is an expected part of the assimilation.
    I have also seen mention of forum members, who are now held in high regard, being in their 2nd or 3rd iteration.
    Surely if someone has grown or learnt from their past actions you wouldn't begrudge them the opportunity to once again contribute.

Personally I would rather see the same account reinstated rather than a new one made. One's past actions are their past, but it doesn't define their future. Having the account still tied to the past after a ban would give a fuller explanation of and context to the poster.

I do realize that sometimes people aren't so forgiving as to look beyond the past and sometimes an act is so egregious that a perma-ban is the correct course of action. Thus, making my preference a bit of fantasy. However, I do still choose to take most posts (even by newbies) at face value until proved otherwise. Maybe I'd just rather be played the fool once than to distrust and disparage an other before they have the chance to show themselves.
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dieve View Post
    I'm deeply hurt that you offend kittens and cheese in the same post 😿

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IAmLIAm For This Useful Post:

AmorInfinito8 (28-12-23), bmw528 (26-12-23), Nononsense111 (26-12-23)

Reviews

An unhealthy obsession with bedroom furniture as well
    No hold on a minute there, when I was a young lad, I worked in a wardrobe factory. , No joking. I dont have fond memories of that place as i was bullied pretty badly to be honest.. It took me a while to come out of the closet about this.
    Last edited by bmw528; 26-12-23 at 20:34. Reason: Poor Barney got locked into one at one time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bmw528 For This Useful Post:

Nononsense111 (26-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 64west View Post
    Fair point. Now you mention it I can think of a few.
    I do enjoy them all, even when I don't agree with the subject matter.
    The fact that they are willing to share and discuss is more important than blanket agreement.
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmLIAm For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (26-12-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLIAm View Post
    edited Amor as to not post a wall. I believe context is still intact.

A few questions for the skeptics...

Are you leery of all posters who have caught a ban returning? Most? Are there a few victims of the ban hammer that you would actually like to see reemerge?

Obviously, there are actual "trolls" (but not actual trolls ).
    I've received my share of scrutiny and it is an expected part of the assimilation.
    I have also seen mention of forum members, who are now held in high regard, being in their 2nd or 3rd iteration.
    Surely if someone has grown or learnt from their past actions you wouldn't begrudge them the opportunity to once again contribute.

Personally I would rather see the same account reinstated rather than a new one made. One's past actions are their past, but it doesn't define their future. Having the account still tied to the past after a ban would give a fuller explanation of and context to the poster.

I do realize that sometimes people aren't so forgiving as to look beyond the past and sometimes an act is so egregious that a perma-ban is the correct course of action. Thus, making my preference a bit of fantasy. However, I do still choose to take most posts (even by newbies) at face value until proved otherwise. Maybe I'd just rather be played the fool once than to distrust and disparage an other before they have the chance to show themselves.
    I find it easier to take an instant dislike to new posters, it saves a hell of a lot of time, eventually the trolls reveal themselves, the wheat separates from the chaff and occasionally we’re left with solid posters

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TommyH123 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (26-12-23)

Reviews

I find it easier to take an instant dislike to new posters, it saves a hell of a lot of time, eventually the trolls reveal themselves, the wheat separates from the chaff and occasionally we’re left with solid posters
    Reminds me of the cops years ago.. arrest first and ask questions later!! Seriously tho guys posting without reviews are a red flag for me.. especially when these fellas start sending PMs!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie82 For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (26-12-23)

Reviews

Reminds me of the cops years ago.. arrest first and ask questions later!! Seriously tho guys posting without reviews are a red flag for me.. especially when these fellas start sending PMs!!!
    I will absolutely agree with the sentiment about the guys that send PMs with no review or post history.
    That does seem a different animal to me then the newbies popping on the forums with general questions or adding to the topics.
    Last edited by IAmLIAm; 26-12-23 at 22:09.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmLIAm For This Useful Post:

bmw528 (26-12-23)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast