Thread: Sex Workers and the Pandemic / Financial Aid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arrow Sex Workers and the Pandemic / Financial Aid

Sex workers and the Pandemic : Financial Aid or Financial Ruin .

Japan is offering sex workers financial aid to survive the pandemic

“CNN) - Mika is worried. As a sex worker in Japan, she used to see three or four clients a day -- then the coronavirus pandemic hit. Now, with people staying home and avoiding close contact, she's out of clients and out of money. ”

“With no savings or other sources of income, Mika says she is living off borrowed money. She has tried to find other jobs, but nobody's hiring in the middle of an economic crisis. At this rate, she might not be able to pay rent or afford basic necessities, let alone pay off the debt she has recently taken on.”

“I'm worried if I will have a place to live or if I can find a job to get money to live," she said, using a pseudonym to protect her privacy. "I worry about (my health) of course, but now I worry more about how to survive."

Read on >>

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/asia/...hnk/index.html

Should governments in this day and age not recognize and Support sex workers ?

As the 350€ / week national support goes out , should not the Sex Workers also

be supported ?

After all , we Are essential to many people’s mental emotional health in good times ,

how and why abandon such a vulnerable segment of society in such precarious times ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

aliciasexy (21-04-20), Mrbean76 (20-04-20)