Thread: poppy fascism

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Anyone who committed murder should be held accountable Tommy. I can understand why people in Derry feel the way they do, but at some point we will all have to draw a line in the sand if we ever want lasting peace. You will always get people who bring disgrace by their actions the army is no difference. There were also a lot of frighten young lads who just wanted to go home and family men just doing their job. They wanted to go home to their kids. People forget that at the end of the day the Army is just a job and a very shit Job at that. Including civilians working for the British Army, the official death figures for Op Banner is 1400 souls who didn't make it home. This isn't counting those who blew their own brains out with their own PPW because they were suffering from PTSD, or those disfigured, or disabled.

I am sensitive to the feelings a poppy may cause in Derry and I don't wear one to shove it in anyone's face. This in itself would disrespect the symbol and why people wear it. I do not wear a poppy on the street because of this. On Sunday I will wear one paper poppy on my coat while attending a Church service to remember the fallen. You know why I will be at that service. When I pay my respects I will come home and take off my poppy. For me it is about respect and this is why I wear a poppy, but some people may think differently and that's OK too.
    Each person should be fee to choose this was the reason why so many fell in WWI and WWII to protect the right to be free. There is no right or wrong answer mate.

I just think the original thread is a pile of horse shit, like so many of this posters threads. I think most of his posts are only attention seeking to be honest. If someone said that grass was green, he would find offense and post that all grass should be painted purple.

But you are right my friend, it is more fun looking at advents than talking politics. There p a lot of lovely woman to see in Derry this week. Its like buses, none and then 5 come at the same time lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joelegs For This Useful Post:

qqwertyy1 (08-11-22)