Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rugby World Cup Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Its a pity that games have to be cancelled but i suppose peoples health and safety are the most important. At least nz, england and france make the last 8. It would be worse if the cancellation meant they went out of the world cup.
    poor auld Parisse for Italy, his last game for Italy v NZ and it gets cancelled.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), SteveB (10-10-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGylleenhaal View Post
    so England, nz + france get more recovery time. an unfair advantage?
    I was listening to Matt Dawson and others talking on BBC radio about recovery time and they said modern day rugby players need a minimum of 7 to 8 days. Recovery time is critical and some teams getting an advantage from this unfairly

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), JakeGylleenhaal (10-10-19), westcorklad (10-10-19)

Reviews

You would have thought that in a country that is prone to Typhoons that there would have been contingency plans in the event of disruption to either play on a later date(1 day or perhaps 2 later) or a different location ? It's probably a logistical nightmare to do so but surely in the World Cup finals all games should be played.
    Are we there yet ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (10-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryankelvin View Post
    I was listening to Matt Dawson and others talking on BBC radio about recovery time and they said modern day rugby players need a minimum of 7 to 8 days. Recovery time is critical and some teams getting an advantage from this unfairly
    Absolutely 100% - recovery is massive in rugby now.
    Aside from the typhoon stopping the games, there are also some teams who have 5 day turn around others have 6,7.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (10-10-19)

One wonders if NZ had to win their final pool game would the IRB have made alternative arrangements, or if Japan had to beat Scotland. Its all a bit of a mess. I feel sorry for Italy, especially the players that were playing their last game. But it will be a complete disaster for Scotland if their game with Japan is cancelled.
    Shake'n'bake

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), Ryankelvin (10-10-19), westcorklad (10-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I agree totally. How long have they known that they were hosting the tournament? And they still had to cancel the games. What happens if the typhoon comes back for the quarter final games?
    the people I feel most sorry for is some of the players who it was due to be their last game for their country. Was listening to Keith Wood interview just there and there was an Italian player, didnt catch his name. He had been injured a year and was coming back all that time for this last game and then it's cancelled. Really poor form.
    What about the fams too - spending a fortune getting over there. It just seem so backward. Stone Age stuff
    Last edited by JakeGylleenhaal; 10-10-19 at 18:46. Reason: Geraldini injured - hoping to come off the bench 20 mins to finish carrer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), westcorklad (10-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGylleenhaal View Post
    the people I feel most sorry for is some of the players who it was due to be their last game for their country. Was listening to Keith Wood interview just there and there was an Italian player, didnt catch his name. He had been injured a year and was coming back all that time for this last game and then it's cancelled. Really poor form.
    What about the fams too - spending a fortune getting over there. It just seem so backward. Stone Age stuff
    They'll be reimbursed the cost of their match tickets, BF deal.
    Shake'n'bake

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RickyBobby For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), JakeGylleenhaal (10-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
    They'll be reimbursed the cost of their match tickets, BF deal.
    thats is absolute laughable, accommodation, flights. not to mention the treatment of the players, shocking stuff. Players who have trained for years for these matches

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19), Ryankelvin (10-10-19), westcorklad (10-10-19)

Reviews

Could you imagine the same thing happening in the football world cup ? It just wouldn't happen.
    Are we there yet ?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

JakeGylleenhaal (10-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Could you imagine the same thing happening in the football world cup ? It just wouldn't happen.
    100%,i was going to say earlier. the rugby brass could learn from soccer but all the d4 heads be on to me giving out!!
    the soccer is a bigger PR/money machine but the rugby should have better standards than this, surely
    Last edited by JakeGylleenhaal; 10-10-19 at 20:56.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeGylleenhaal For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-19)

Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast