Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    This could really turn out messy for the UK.
    Not only could they have the logistical nightmare of untangling themselves from the EU, they could have another logistical nightmare if Scotland leaves.
    I feel history will not be kind to David Cameron, no matter how this pans out.
    I don,t believe he thought they would vote to exit and tbh nobody did
    alcatel post 192 sums up the English people
    " Sunderland voted decisively for Brexit.
    In Sunderland, the Nissan car plant employs 5-6,000 people, produces close to half a million cars annually, 80,% of which is exported.
    Nissan overall employ 8,000 and 32,000 ancillary jobs in Britain depend on Nissan(parts suppliers, dealerships, etc).

In Sunderland the turkeys vote for Christmas. "

I think Cameron was their best PM for a good while and he was getting their economy back on track
    I,d say if they had a re vote tomorrow , it might be a different result.
    nightmare for England is if the scots vote for ind and to join the EU

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    Nope, cos they voted to stay in the UK in 2014, and if they get a special deal then Catalonia will say it can split off from Spain / Corsica from France / it will never happen. Sturgeon is just sounding off.
    Ireland from Cork...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    Nope, cos they voted to stay in the UK in 2014, and if they get a special deal then Catalonia will say it can split off from Spain / Corsica from France / it will never happen. Sturgeon is just sounding off.
    Maybe your right but the EU might help Scotland to achieve Indo as a kick in the teeth to England

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Maybe your right but the EU might help Scotland to achieve Indo as a kick in the teeth to England
    Wouldn't that be a spiteful decision though rather than an informed one

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    This could really turn out messy for the UK.
    Not only could they have the logistical nightmare of untangling themselves from the EU, they could have another logistical nightmare if Scotland leaves.
    I feel history will not be kind to David Cameron, no matter how this pans out.
    I disagree with you there, he gave the people the referendum, told them not to leave, they didn't listen to him. He can walk away now with a "ye can clean up the mess now lads.......I'm off"

For a Tory I thought he was alright.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

xagerate (26-06-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Sunderland voted decisively for Brexit.
    In Sunderland, the Nissan car plant employs 5-6,000 people, produces close to half a million cars annually, 80,% of which is exported.
    Nissan overall employ 8,000 and 32,000 ancillary jobs in Britain depend on Nissan(parts suppliers, dealerships, etc).

In Sunderland the turkeys vote for Christmas.
    So what.
    They still will.
    Sterling will devalue.
    Costs will be lower.
    Swings and roundabouts

Trade isn't going to cease

I'm not advocating this but it's not all the doom and gloom as the EU advocates would lead us to believe as they polish their own EU careers
    Last edited by TonyB; 26-06-16 at 22:03.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    So what.
    They still will.
    Sterling will devalue.
    Costs will be lower.
    Swings and roundabouts

Trade isn't going to cease

I'm not advocating this but it's not all the doom and gloom as the EU advocates would lead us to believe as they polish their own EU careers
    If trade tariffs are imposed on Britain by the EU, Nissan may put further investment into other plants elsewhere in other countries, or it (depend on any extra cost imposed on exports from this plant) cast a pall over the future of such a plant in years to come.
    Was speaking of one local area possibly cutting off its nose to spite its face.
    Turkeys still voted for Christmas.

Gobble..... gobble .... gobble
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

On Ian Paisley junior advises people in NI) on twitter) that if they are entitled to a second passport in the south, that they should take it and he would even help his constituents to get one.

Haha and lol.
    I prefer Ian Paisley to using those infantile terms but they occasionally have their uses, haha.
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    On Ian Paisley junior advises people in NI) on twitter) that if they are entitled to a second passport in the south, that they should take it and he would even help his constituents to get one.

Haha and lol.
    I prefer Ian Paisley to using those infantile terms but they occasionally have their uses, haha.
    Sure everyone in NI is entitled to an Irish passport and he knows that
    Since the vote there has been a large upsurge in applications for passports

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

There were regional differences, differences between people of differing socio-economic and educational backgrounds in the way that people voted.
    There was also an age difference noted.
    I have sometimes heard young people in their late teens or twenties say that politics does not interest them or that nothing changes on individual votes or more bluntly, politics just bores me.

It is assumed that older people voted in Brexit, in greater percentages than younger people.
    So in effect, people who may have 5,10,15 years to live are deciding the future of Britain for those who may be living there for the next 60 years.
    The younger group were more pro-stay and the older groups were more pro - leave.
    So young people of the UK, if your already developed ennui, prevented you from voting, no use crying over spilt milk.
    Shalom/salaam.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast