Thread: Such a sad tragedy!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what caused it. It will probably all come down to whether the balcony was made to hold that amount of people and whether they were dancing on it or not or whether it was already faulty which will be very hard to prove. It shouldnt just come away like that.

Westside.
    Building regulations almost everywhere, certainly in the US, state that if a balcony is big enough to hold thirteen people then it has to be strong enough to hold thirteen people with a considerable safety margin.
    But everything can fail. Probably corrosion in the reinforcing metalwork.

Terrible tragedy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (18-06-15), Naughtynatalie (17-06-15), Sexy Sandy 69 (17-06-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Building regulations almost everywhere, certainly in the US, state that if a balcony is big enough to hold thirteen people then it has to be strong enough to hold thirteen people with a considerable safety margin.

Terrible tragedy.
    I heard this morning on Newstalk that the balcony should of easily held the load that was on it, in the US they use an average weight of 200lbs per person for all that stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidberg For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (17-06-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post

Terrible tragedy.
    One look at Priory hall is enough. Building regulations is one thing, those regulations being followed in another. timber is not a suitable material for having on a small balcony holding thirteen people unless its pitch pine which is almost unbreakable and unrottable.

Westside.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (20-06-15), Naughtynatalie (18-06-15), Sexy Sandy 69 (18-06-15)

Reviews

So sad , there saying the balcony was for show yet the balcony underneath had a table & chairs.

I reckon the people who built it will be sued , i think there are only 4 balconies in the entire block of apartments.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (20-06-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    So sad , there saying the balcony was for show yet the balcony underneath had a table & chairs.

I reckon the people who built it will be sued , i think there are only 4 balconies in the entire block of apartments.
    It really is unbelievably sad

how the fuck can a balcony like that be for show though? thats a serious cop out! If its just for show then it shouldnt be accessible. The parents & families of the deceased will want someone to be accountable but no amount of money will ever ease their pain.
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 20-06-15 at 23:45.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naughtynatalie For This Useful Post:

robbie9 (21-06-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    It really is unbelievably sad

how the fuck can a balcony like that be for show though? thats a serious cop out! If its just for show then it shouldnt be accessible. The parents & families of the deceased will want someone to be accountable but no amount of money will ever ease their pain.
    I agree & the 7 who survived , maybe 1 or 2 will live a normal life again . the rest will be either paralysed or brain damaged, so sad, i did know 1 of them who died but not personally.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie9 For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (22-06-15)

Very pleased today to see that Aer Lingus looked after all the families and brought the remains home,the government dont usually react properly but credit where its due they seem to have come up trumps this occasion,and the Gardai had about 12 outridders and several Garda Vehicles giving assistance on there way home from the airport.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I like to give Oral For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (22-06-15)