View Poll Results: Is it OK if two people of the same gender wish to take marraige vows?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

37 86.05%
  • NO

6 13.95%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Same Sex Marraige

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SmallHorn View Post
    You prepare for a shock
    I really don't see the Irish people voting this through,I expect it to be close either way,time will tell,for what it's worth I will be voting yes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

SmallHorn (21-01-15)

Reviews

The wording of the upcoming referendum on same-sex marriage has been published by the Government.

It proposes to add to the Constitution a declaration that "marriage may be contracted in accordance with law by two persons without distinction as to their sex".

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    You are easily shocked.
    You're easily shocked

Send nudes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well should all children be taken off of single parents so and put in familys with a mother and father? Seems logical if they are entitled to a mother and father
    Ber you lot used the same logic with me on economics with Lisbon etc and look where it ended up. you can take a subject and broaden the shite out of it to the point where it cant be debated. your an intelligent person and know exactly what im saying and what I mean.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Well most people accept that the ideal scenario to raise a child is with their biological father and mother but in todays society it
    is much less likely to last the distance than before , with a higher rate of marriage break down etc u have lots of second relationships with new partners taking over the primary parenting role etc.
    Social services are dealing with plenty of abuse and neglect of children in the so called ideal family make up so having a mother and
    father is no guarntee u will be raised properly but on the other hand if a same sex couple go through the hoops of adopting a child i
    thing there is a very high probability that they really want to raise a child and that they will love and nurture that child as the most
    precious gift in their lives
    One other thing. I cant control other people. If single mothers like Catriona get all hot and bothered by what Im saying then so be it. Nothing I can do about that.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Ber you lot used the same logic with me on economics with Lisbon etc and look where it ended up. you can take a subject and broaden the shite out of it to the point where it cant be debated. your an intelligent person and know exactly what im saying and what I mean.

Westside.
    u didnt answer my question ,it was u raised that issue not me, we spent long enough in this country trying to control who should have the right to raise children, the Magdalene laundrys and mother and baby homes were a product of that and im sure ull agree they were not
    a roaring success
    Last edited by ber; 22-01-15 at 10:18.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    I really don't see the Irish people voting this through,I expect it to be close either way,time will tell,for what it's worth I will be voting yes.
    I really cant see it failing to pass, it has 80% support in the polls at the moment, i would expect that to narrow a bit but cant see
    the gap closing. I cant see any major group other than the church opposing it and i think they will be a bit more careful how they
    approach their opposition as the cant afford to alienate many more people
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

u didnt answer my question ,it was u raised that issue not me, we spent long enough in this country trying to control who should have the right to raise children, the Magdalene laundrys and mother and baby homes were a product of that and im sure ull agree they were not
    a roaring success
    Go back and reread it so. I said it doesnt bother me one way or the other about same sex marraige. I could care less about it. I said that every child is entitled to have mother and a father which they are and dont have that choice under gay marraige. Then an unmarried mother came along here and expanded on a point I didnt even make. I said nothing about unmarried mothers and anyone with half a brain would know exactly what I meant by my point. Ill spell it out for you. Two guys get married and adopt a child. The child in effect has two fathers and has no choice about it either. Yes the child could have a good home and two loving parents but like I said every child is entitled to have a father and a mother, gay or otherwise.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It is the right and choice of two mature willing adults to Provide a stable home for a child, that is the basis on which I will be voting Yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simon2280 View Post
    It is the right and choice of two mature willing adults to Provide a stable home for a child, that is the basis on which I will be voting Yes
    Just like its the choice of two mature adults to provide a stable home so maybe they should extend that maturity and just take it on the chin that its not right for a child to have two fathers and no mother or two mothers and no father.

Westside.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast