Thread: What you think of children in need

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To be fair, if I was a celebrity, I would use my status as a means to raise money too. People are obsessed with fame and celebs, and there are already so many local groups working that not that many people care or pay attention to. Celebs seem to give these events some credibility; for example, if it was 'Sports Relief' and David Beckham and Gary Lineker were hosting the fund raiser, everyone would pay attention, but if unknown 'David Watts' and 'John Murphy' from down the road was hosting it, they would have to rely on who they know and their networks.

And if it relaunched my career, it wouldn't hurt either.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Irish Sarah (15-11-14), Melindablondey (15-11-14), Sexy Sandy 69 (15-11-14)

Yes I agree celebs are important regarding fund raising, but I believe that not all of them give their services for free, which for me is not on. I was involved in a fund raiser and it was hard work but I was happy to be involved. I do not think any celebs should be paid for charity work, isn't that wrong ??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    To be fair, if I was a celebrity, I would use my status as a means to raise money too. People are obsessed with fame and celebs, and there are already so many local groups working that not that many people care or pay attention to. Celebs seem to give these events some credibility; for example, if it was 'Sports Relief' and David Beckham and Gary Lineker were hosting the fund raiser, everyone would pay attention, but if unknown 'David Watts' and 'John Murphy' from down the road was hosting it, they would have to rely on who they know and their networks.

And if it relaunched my career, it wouldn't hurt either.
    But you are a celebrity.

I do welcome it and its because of the celebrities maybe that so much money has been raised, its a great success it seems.

6. Default

I think it's a great way to support the small charities that wouldn't get much publicity so well done to children in need xx