Caitlin Moran has a new novel out, How to build a Girl. Here's an extract:

But Audrey Horne was far too sassy for that. She took a cherry from her cocktail, popped it into her sexy, red mouth and, 10 seconds later, carefully removed from the tip of her pink tongue the stalk, now tied in a perfect knot.

This scene made an enormous impression on me: I presumed that tying a cherry stalk into a knot was something all teenage girls had to master – up there with algebra, and how to fill in the paying-in slip on a Nationwide building society savings account – and decided to dedicate myself to learning this vital craft....

As cherries were far too luxurious an item to be on our family's shopping list – the only cherries I'd come across were the ones in tins of Del Monte fruit salad – I improvised with a piece of string, and spent long hours in my room, alone, quietly gurning as I tried to tie it into a knot with my tongue. Within a week I'd mastered the art, and was utterly triumphal – only to find that, within my house, there was a very limited audience for my sex skills.
Can you do that?