Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: slope

Default slope

jermeny clarkson is been called racist again for using the word slope in a recent show

he used the word, while speaking and looking at a small wooden bridge which they where about to drive over,
    and said the bridge has a slope

which has been deemed a racist attack on asians, as slope is a well know racist term for asians

now who has ever heard of slope been used as a rascist term
    and who thinks this was a racist attack?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226858731781
    Last edited by annabel taylor; 19-03-14 at 14:38.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Clyde (19-03-14), Jesse Custer (19-03-14)

I've never heard it in the context of a racial slur.. a first for me! You can't say anything these days without someone claiming that their rights have been violated!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (19-03-14), Nikkita (21-03-14)

Reviews

For f's sake whats the world coming to every one seems to cry racist now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I've never heard it in the context of a racial slur.. a first for me! You can't say anything these days without someone claiming that their rights have been violated!
    u can see one side of the bridge is higher
    which is called a slope,

if you read comments online, lots are calling him racist, now its a uk show, nd uk and ireland we are pretty much similar
    but never heard of that, slope to me means one side higher than the other,

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Best Before (19-03-14), Nikkita (21-03-14)

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    jermeny clarkson is been called racist again for using the word slope in a recent show

he used the word, while speaking and looking at a small wooden bridge which they where about to drive over,
    and said the bridge has a slope

which has been deemed a racist attack on asians, as slope is a well know racist term for asians

now who has ever heard of slope been used as a rascist term
    and who thinks this was a racist attack?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226858731781
    This is what I think Clarkson was referring too

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post
    In mathematics, the slope or gradient of a line is a number that describes both the direction and the steepness of the line.[1] Slope is often denoted by the letter m.[2]
    The direction of a line is either increasing, decreasing, horizontal or vertical.
    A line is increasing if it goes up towards the right. The slope is positive, i.e. m>0.
    A line is decreasing if it goes down towards the right. The slope is negative, i.e. m<0.
    If a line is horizontal the slope is zero. This is a constant function.
    If a line is vertical the slope is undefined (see below).
    Although I could be wrong, I think he probably is a bit racist
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    u can see one side of the bridge is higher
    which is called a slope,

if you read comments online, lots are calling him racist, now its a uk show, nd uk and ireland we are pretty much similar
    but never heard of that, slope to me means one side higher than the other,
    I have been informed that a 'slope' is in reference to the shape of a Chinese/Japanese person's eyes. It's very silly to assume he meant that as a racial slur in such a context. There are words that are the same but have several meanings, such as scale: i) something you weigh things on, ii) the size of something in relation to another or iii) the things that cover the body of a fish. 'Slope' isn't racist if the word is used in the correct context, but that is just common sense, something that is lacking everywhere these days
    Last edited by samlad; 19-03-14 at 14:56.

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    That sounds like a slur on virgins. Please try not to offend someone that's recently lost their virginity.
    He that has inner light
    Doesn't need to be in the spotlight

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Custer For This Useful Post:

Nikkita (21-03-14), samlad (19-03-14)

Reviews

are they having a laugh! slope = hill in layman terms, its a word used when talking about gradient of a road/paved surface ect ffs. r rated police strikes again, fuckin morons
    Last edited by funlover12; 19-03-14 at 15:12.

It was the 2 part special supposed to be bridge over the river kuai but the river was called cock, very funny he was referring to the locals I copped it straight away it's not racist it's funny.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Reviews

highly offended by yet another pop at me. emailing BBC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast