Thread: Tomb Raider on PS4, Xbox One Not a Simple 'Facelift'

Default Tomb Raider on PS4, Xbox One Not a Simple 'Facelift'

Tomb Raider on PS4, Xbox One Not a Simple 'Facelift'

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will please newcomers and veterans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Tomb Raider is making the jump to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the Definitive Edition, and will be more than just a "facelift," according to a Crystal Dynamics producer.

"...We're selling it on a new platform, with a lot of development work put in to custom craft it for the new platforms," Scott Amos, executive producer, said on the Eidos forums. "With the new additions for the aesthetic, the physics, the particles, the lighting - taking advantage of next-gen features - so I absolutely stand by our decision to offer up Definitive Edition the way we are."

The Definitive Edition has been updated specifically for the new consoles, and will include the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book and a digital comic titled The Beginning. Square Enix said Lara was obsessively detailed for the DE, as the game will run at native 1080p resolution.

"We'd love for every Tomb Raider fan to get to experience it on next-gen," Amos writes. "We are definitely looking to draw in those folks who may not have experience it yet on the last generation so they can experience this version on next-generation.

"But even for existing hardcore fans, we are confident in the offering we have as an excellent enhanced experience above and beyond what we'd previously provided."
    Source: click here

I'm glad that it will be more than just a facelift. It was a brilliant game, one of the best I've played, and one I'd love to play through again.

I had an argument with a friend about this game. She was insisting it was rubbish and had stolen ideas from Assassin's Creed with the way you move around... she clearly wasn't aware that the Tomb Raider games came first

I love the vulnerability of Lara in this. What do you think of the game?

I've read about this. Apparently the more items Lara (not the mod ) collects, the more encumbered she is, affecting the physics of her jumping and running, etc. Also, she gets wet (woohoo!) when running through water, muddy when running through mud and... yep, covered in blood when she comes into contact with blood. Would you Adam and Eve it?

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    I've read about this. Apparently the more items Lara (not the mod ) collects, the more encumbered she is, affecting the physics of her jumping and running, etc. Also, she gets wet (woohoo!) when running through water, muddy when running through mud and... yep, covered in blood when she comes into contact with blood. Would you Adam and Eve it?
    To be fair, that happens to me too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lara Mills For This Useful Post:

samlad (19-12-13)

Just out of curiosity how much does the latest Lara Croft outing cost on either PS4 or XBox One? The reason I ask is that this game was on sale for €10 on Valve's Steam website a few weeks ago when they had their early December sales. And another steam sale has begun today if anyone is interested - http://store.steampowered.com/

I don't understand the mad rush to get the latest consoles when gaming on a PC is more versatile and better value. I do hope that anyone that has bought either of the new consoles gets many years of enjoyment from them, but I just don't see the attraction of them myself.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Another great game not coming to the WIIU not that I am surprised, just another disappointment.