I want to know why some guys are so scared of hotels.
No reason to be I think, except if you are in a smal town where everybody knows each other, then I can understand. Or you know somebody that work in that particular hotel.
But perhaps you don't know, most upscale hotels are big with bar, restaurant and meeting rooms. So a lot of business people and meetings around. So much people that nobody will notice you. Do you really think that the reception knows every guest that stays there? Also not the same people working the whole day at the reception.
I have a good tip for the guys. Why you don't dress yourself up when you go visit a girl? Or I mean even if you are dress normal, you can always carry a suitcase, or just a map with some papers, or even some newspaper to camouflage. Just do as you are staying there, or you are for a meeting or visiting the bar for some drink or restaurant to eat. And if they see you walking around like lost, you can always tell that you want to look around because you are thinkng of staying there next week perhaps. Even in the worst case if they ask you what room you are ging to, you can tell them you are having a work interview or visiting a friend etc etc. In my case I always do as I have a construction company or that I'm a webdesigner and that I have meetings and work interviews for hiring people etc etc. Also I always book a double or triple room, in rare cases I have a single room, but even then I have my cover story set up.
So guys why being so scared...
A good example of someone that knows how to camouflage himself and to look like a guy on business visit is Kieree. Met him a few days ago and he was an example how a guy has to behave when seeing a girl.

Jessie