Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should i vote yes, or no

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    never signed up to vote i just have no interest lol

why vote for stuff i don't understand
    if the voting office was right b'side ur house, would u do a aspoiled vote jsut for a bit of fun, ud be tempted like ,ha??

Blog Entries
    Reviews

The Franchise was hard won in many instances and alot of blood shed for it over the generations so if only out of
    respect for those people i feel everybody should cast their vote. It is one of the only things that we are all truly
    equal in. The vote of the poorest person in the land carries the very same weight and value as that that of the most
    affluent and wealthy persons. I also feel if u dont take part u have no right to criticise.
    More often than not the person whole will be criticising most wont even have bothered to take the time out to make their
    voice of dissent offical.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

dazza (04-10-13), Ted E Bear (03-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ManHold View Post
    I think the small house should knock down the big house, would save a lot more than 20 mill that way
    20 mill is a drop in the ocean to what we owe to be back on the right track. We need the small house to keep the big house in order. Checks and balances.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by pro3 View Post
    if the voting office was right b'side ur house, would u do a aspoiled vote jsut for a bit of fun, ud be tempted like ,ha??
    Na I wouldn't be tempted. Some people in other countries don't even have the vote. Wake up.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker123 View Post
    The problem is not the Seanad although it needs reform, The big and expensive problem is the size of the dail. It could be cut by 50% and no one would notice except the boys and girls who would loose the big pensions.

Keep the Seanad I say and loose half the TDs!
    Exactly. Keep the Seanad and halve the Dail.

Reviews

There are millions of people in countries worldwide who would give anything for the right to vote. You say this won't affect you? Sorry Mer but that's bull. Every vote matters and it affects everyone.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    There are millions of people in countries worldwide who would give anything for the right to vote. You say this won't affect you? Sorry Mer but that's bull. Every vote matters and it affects everyone.
    Do u know the real irony here is that if u took away the vote from the very people that dont excercise it they would
    be the first to raise hell about not having Democracy, go figure that
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ber For This Useful Post:

ladiesman217 (03-10-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Do u know the real irony here is that if u took away the vote from the very people that dont excercise it they would
    be the first to raise hell about not having Democracy, go figure that
    Never a truer word spoken.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I will be voting "No" in both referenda tomorrow. In my view, there is a need for a second house in the Oireachtas, but not for an extra tier in the judicial system. The inefficacy of the Seanad and the back-log in the Supreme Court could both be resolved with robust reform.

Incidentally, one of the few politicians to speak out against TORL was Senator David Norris. I for one would like to retain a public forum in this country where people like him can challenge the consensus.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sancho Panza For This Useful Post:

client030314 (03-10-13), dazza (04-10-13), ladiesman217 (03-10-13), n73 (04-10-13), warmcome (03-10-13)

Was it the 60s the last time the seanad amended a law? I think its only a talking shop and retirement home. . . And isn't it 500 dollar fine for not exercising you vote in Austrailia. Should bring that in here to get money back of the free loaders.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast