Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I agree with WWLhad. I work in a bank and the key point is that it is now illegal for a bank to open an account for someone without certain pieces of documentation. For an Irish resident it's a photo ID ( passport, driving licence etc. ) and at least one utility bill less than 3 months old showing your name and home address.

If you are a non-resident many banks won't even let you in the front door. Those that do let you get that far are then likely to want twice the number of documents, for both Ireland and your country of residence. They are also likely to contact your bank in your country of residence for a reference.

It's a tough one and likely to take a long time, weeks. Alternatively you could try to offer the bank manager a 3 hour freebie to skip all the paperwork ) Though even that these days is unlikely to work ..... the penalty for the bank official who skips this paperwork is a few years in prison and a large fine ...... and that's only if the new customer turns out to be legitimate and doesn't do anything out of the way with their new account. The bank also gets a massive fine - I mean in the hundreds of thousands or even millions. These are the reasons why banks never skip the paperwork these days.

It's all geting crazy.Wherever you turn to any public, goverment organization you need to spend hours on paper work.I understand is for the safety resons but still, why people need to suffer because of that.I belive new technology supose to make our lifes easier .Instead of that milions of people need to prove their innocence and authenticity every day.But the worst is after all hard work done you don't have guarantee where your papers are gone.
Few days ago I have recived an advert from the comapny I never been interested in .It's strange how they knew my personal details.They should not have that!!I know resposible for that is 1 large UK company, I am just one of milions their customers.That is what dosn't let me feel safe those days.