Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Fergie

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Your right there,but football in general at the top level is crap,i looked at some of division 1 at the weekend and id much prefer that kind of football where teams are going at each other hell for leather.im looking forward now to the playoffs,they will be great games.
    yeah always good games in the play offs looking forward to them

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I remember the guy that saw him getting off a train kicking him in the nuts, went to court and all.

A bit of an ignoramus if you ask me, a little hitler type happening in at the right place and time. I remember when he was going to be sacked in 1990.
    Whatever he was Dob,no one can take away what he did for United,he was already a legend with what he did with Aberdeen,if he is retiring good luck to him,pretty big shoes to fill and a minefield for anyone,just hope Jose goes to Chelsea as unlike somethings,it is never as good second time round.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

mikki99943 (08-05-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    I think when you get to that elite level of manager, it is insulting to say one is better than the other.

The likes of Shanks, Paisley and Fergie are men whose achievements will never be beaten amd who will never be forgotten.

And Fergie only won the European cup twice
    They are from a different Era,Fergie coming at the end,football has gone mad now,it is more about the stock exchange than the football.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

gisele (09-05-13), samlad (08-05-13)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Whatever he was Dob,no one can take away what he did for United,he was already a legend with what he did with Aberdeen,if he is retiring good luck to him,pretty big shoes to fill and a minefield for anyone,just hope Jose goes to Chelsea as unlike somethings,it is never as good second time round.
    According to latest reports an announcement is going to be made by the weekend about Fergies replacement with David Moyes now the clear favourite for the job.
    The Truth is out there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Clyde (08-05-13), very shy guy (08-05-13)

Reviews

Forest away in the cup....
    Mark Robins saved his bacon alright.

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Mark Robins saved his bacon alright.
    Robins saved his bacon in the semi final as well...how easy it would be to have pulled the trigger.

That is why i get annoyed with today's knee-jerk approach to firing managers if there isn't instant success

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (08-05-13)

Reviews

I think when you get to that elite level of manager, it is insulting to say one is better than the other.

The likes of Shanks, Paisley and Fergie are men whose achievements will never be beaten amd who will never be forgotten.

And Fergie only won the European cup twice
    In fairness thats not a bad record; only Bob Paisley won it more often as manager of a British club.
    Last edited by westcorklad; 08-05-13 at 10:40.
    The Truth is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    In fairness thats not a bad achievement only Bob Paisley won it more often.
    Was just jibbing. Total respect for Ferguson

Reviews

Robins saved his bacon in the semi final as well...how easy it would be to have pulled the trigger.

That is why i get annoyed with today's knee-jerk approach to firing managers if there isn't instant success
    A sentiment echoed by Fergie himself,still think Liverpool is going in the right direction.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    According to latest reports an announcement is going to be made by the weekend about Fergies replacement with David Moyes now the clear favourite for the job.
    A chip of the old block,I have huge respect for Moyes,just hope it is not a poisoned chalice.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast