Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video games of 2013

Thumbs up Video games of 2013

Being an uber-geek, I am really looking forward to 2013 in terms of gaming. As well as a broad range of class titles coming out, we should also see an Autumn release of the Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called). That hasn't rendered the current gen consoles as obsolete though... here are some titles I am really looking forward to

1. Tomb Raider: Estimated release date: March

Apparently the new, inexperienced Lara rambling through the jungle in order to survive is the first of a new Tomb Raider series.

2. Gears of War: Judgement: Estimated release date: March

A prequel to the Gears genre, with younger looking Damon Baird and Cole Train taking the lead roles in this 'how E-Day happened' triple A title:

3. Bioshock Infinite: Estimated release date: March 2013

The world of Rapture was underwater, but this steam-punk first person shooter has taken to the skies! Looks epic!

4. The Walking Dead: Series Two: Estimated release date: TBA

Telltale Games have stated that they are working on a new series of the legendary point-and-click style zombie-survivor genre putting players in many a moral dilemma.

There are other ones on the radar such as GTA V, Remember Me and Crysis 3, but these are the ones I am most exited about

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteNoob (02-01-13), mer (02-01-13)

Reviews

Looking forward to GTA V, currently addicted to Blops 2 though

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Booooooobbsss.....

*cough*

Alright the only thing I'm looking forward to is GTA V. In fact I've preordered the blooming thing already in anticipation. The trailers so far haven't given much away in terms of content, but there seems to be a lot of things included that were omitted in GTA IV. Fighter jets, tanks, etc. In summary: blowing the living shite out of everything.

San Andreas: was freakin' awesome. Aside from the main story, you could buy cars, modify cars, buy safehouses, fly airplanes, jump out of airplanes with parachutes, f*ck shit up in tanks, do fire/paramedic missions for extra cash and enhanced abilities. There was none of that in GTA IV. There was an attack chopper alright but it was useless. All it had was a machine gun that had the power and precision of a broken pencil.

The attack chopper in San Andreas, the 'Hunter' I believe it was called, was f*cking awesome. It too had a machine gun but it was f*cking OP as hell and you could actually see where you were aiming at. Plus it had dual rocket launchers that you could spam like there was no tomorrow. Then there was the 'Hydra' fighter jet, which seems to have a descendant in GTA V judging from the trailers.

I want tanks, I want apaches, I want fighter jets, I want to drive a car into a chopper, I want to blow the shite out of everything!

All that being said, I liked GTA IV. It looked amazing, the driving physics were excellent, you could aim and shoot while driving and it had a fairly decent stock of weaponry. But after the storyline there was sweet f*ck all else to do. The multiplayer was alright but it always took FOREVER to log onto any of the matches.

Out of breath after all that. I think I need to lie down.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteNoob (02-01-13)

Reviews

The Walking Dead and GTA V are on my "day one" list. After playing what can only be described as a masterpiece in story and characters in TWD, I can't wait for season two. TellTale have a lot to live up to and surpass, let's see if they can make me tear up a second time round.

GTA V, well, it's GTA! Everything I've read and seen about it has me salivating in anticipation. A huge, underwater "world", submersibles, sharks, diverse array of aquatic life, scuba diving .... :')

I just can't explain in words ..... dcubsdjkadlsdmajbndsjancefnfin ..... <---- when I try to think of a superlative to describe it, that's what I come up with.

Reviews

Im looking forward to tomb raider and Bioshock infinite as well, but I cant wait for:
    DEAD SPACE 3

Two months after escaping the Sprawl, Isaac Clarke and Ellie Langford encounter Sgt. John Carver, a survivor of a Necromorph incident on the planet Uxor; and discover Tau Volantis, a frozen planet where the ruins of another planetcracker ship are found. Realizing that these miners had found the "source" of the Markers, the group tries to land on the frigid planet; however, the ship breaks apart upon entry, and Ellie is separated from the others.As a result, Isaac resolves to save her along with his original goal of stopping the Markers. Many of the obstacles the two must face include a new human enemy, Unitologist soldiers; environmental hazards like falling machinery and a giant mining drill; and new variants of Necromorph, like the giant insect-esque Nexus and the more deceptive Wasters.
    You wont know, until you try!

Reviews

Grand Theft Auto V

Reviews

Oh and Hitman Triology HD - trailer sold it for me.

Reviews

Here's a good list of games coming out this year:

http://ie.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps3...sortOrder=desc

Also, heres 2 good trailers:

and
    Dead Space 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wWv3xTqM3I
    You wont know, until you try!

Reviews

Everything last year was a massive disappointment. Not one game I was lookin' forward too turned out to be worth the price of the disc is was written on.

Hopefully GTA will be awesome.
    Last edited by Usernamed; 02-01-13 at 21:31.

Reviews

the Uncharted trilogy possibly the best games ever to grace the playstation 3 hope they make a 4th 1 now the storylines are awesome and the action and jumping around buildings to gun-play is frigging fantastic Resident evil 6 was really good too, max payne 3 was pretty good too the gunshot wounds were so fun to watch

im really hoping they make a new metal gear solid game as i find them great

but the greatest games at the moment to play are the uncharted games if you havent played them get your ass in gear and get all 3 there fantastic fun to pass the time by

im a PlayStation player cause i think the control is just the right size as towards the x-box is big awkward looking yoke and plus ps3 games are blu-ray and x-box are not well i think and plus you have to pay to play on x-box online fucking Microsoft as for the playstation network is free

all hail the PS3

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

Hagane00 (03-01-13), ladiesman217 (02-01-13), warmcome (02-01-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast