Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My blog is back!!! John Terry and Racism Double Standards

Default My blog is back!!! John Terry and Racism Double Standards

http://martinmccullough.blogspot.co....nd-double.html

Just my opinion of course! Any thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

benin (10-10-12), very shy guy (10-10-12)

Woud have to agree about the double standards martin... Why anyone would even attempt to back terry is just beond me..i always had great time for Ray Wilkins but his defence has changed that for me.... as you say how can a two footed tackle be only a one game less ban...pathetic pathetic pathetic.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benin For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (10-10-12), very shy guy (10-10-12)

Exactly Benny.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

benin (10-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Some good points alright Martin.

I was only thinking about this yesterday. I do agree that Suarez should have gotten a more severe punishment than Terry for the following reason(s): Terry said it once, compared to Suarez repeatedly saying it

The manner in which it was said was also important. Terry (who I despise by the way and I can't believe I am actually almost defending) said it once in a outburst of anger. This was clearly a stupid thing to say. I honestly believe Terry does harbour racist thoughts, mainly because of his upbringing in London. Mnay working class Londoners, or "true Brits" in this class despise the influx of immigrants who have taken their jobs. The primary example being cab drivers. However, this is slightly off the point, and this obviously can't be prooven against Terry, so is a moot point. All we know is what he said to Fredinand, behind his back and out of earshot.

Now onto Suarez. As previosuly pointed, he used racist terms many times. I believe, however, it was the manner in which he used them. It was far more derogatory,calculating and sinsiter. For example, "why did you just kick me?", "because you're balck". The essence of what he said it, and how he said it epitomises the essence of colour superiority. He had to be put down bacause he was black. He was inferior, and therefore deserved this treatment because he was black.

In my opinion, Suarez's comments are far more aligned to those of a racist than Terry (can't believe I said that).

So I believe he deserved a more severe ban.

However, Terry should have gotten a 5 game ban in my opinion. Hodgson should learn to shut his mouth (he has since proved again that he is incapable of this) and everyone really should ask themselve "how will I come across if I say this".

Finally, Wilkins is ex Chelsea and a Londoner, I would read between the lines on that one.

Very good blog mate, I could have many pints with you and talk footie for hours. Keep up the good work.

Would be a pleasure wingman!

As for the Suarez thing, I have read that negrito (the whole convo was in Spanish) would be meant in more of a patronising manner, like 'fatboy' is over here. That is from linguistic experts but I am not here to argue about the intracasies of a language where my knowledge is sub-Dora the Exporer standard

It could be PC gone mad, but saying you kicked someone because they were black surely goes past partonising?

You don't go up to someone in Burger King and slap them because they are fat and eating a Whopper.

I think what Suarez said was racist in any language and culture. Just my opinion though.
    I think it is from a culture where negrito can be used as a nice term. One of the most famous Uruguayan players was called 'El Negrito'. I doubt that John Fashanu would ever be called 'The n*****',or 'the black', so that tells me the word doesn't directly translate. But as I said, I'm not here to act as a Suarez apologist, the ban was fair due to the fact it is offensive OVER HERE.

It is the hypocrisy that kills me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Ward For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (10-10-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by benin View Post
    Woud have to agree about the double standards martin... Why anyone would even attempt to back terry is just beond me..i always had great time for Ray Wilkins but his defence has changed that for me.... as you say how can a two footed tackle be only a one game less ban...pathetic pathetic pathetic.
    Ray the crab Wilkins defended Terry ?,sad,agree with you benny and Martin,I think you are spot on with your last comment as well Martin,it is setting some example to the younger generation.

Reviews

I do agree that Terry deserved a more severe ban, and the England manager needs a bit of cop on.
    The English Manager is an Idiot and should be gagged and bound by Shirley and locked away,what a prat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Martin Ward (10-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    Ray the crab Wilkins defended Terry ?,sad,agree with you benny and Martin,I think you are spot on with your last comment as well Martin,it is setting some example to the younger generation.
    Cheers VSG. Then again, it could be argued that all vile personal attacks should be dealt with. Not just the racist ones. Both Terry and Suarez suffered severe provocation. That doesn't mean they were justified, far from it. But people do react and lash out

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mod View Post
    Cheers VSG. Then again, it could be argued that all vile personal attacks should be dealt with. Not just the racist ones. Both Terry and Suarez suffered severe provocation. That doesn't mean they were justified, far from it. But people do react and lash out
    I seem to remember a certain United played being banned for the entire season for kicking a fan Martin that deserved to have the shite kicked out of him,not that I agree with what happened,but there has been countless examples down through the years,theswe guys are paid a kings ransome and still can not behave like normal decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by very shy guy View Post
    I seem to remember a certain United played being banned for the entire season for kicking a fan Martin that deserved to have the shite kicked out of him,not that I agree with what happened,but there has been countless examples down through the years,theswe guys are paid a kings ransome and still can not behave like normal decent human beings.
    If every fan who deserved a kicking for what they say when they go to a match got one, the the local A and E departments would be full lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast