Thread: Naming no names, however ........

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Naming no names, however ........

...... I'm the quiet observer type but feel compelled to say or ask the following.

In relatively recent times I've watched more than one of our fair ladies follow a trend of opening up their whole lives on this site. By that I mean posting a blow by blow account of their daily life's experiences, uploading pictures of themselves in off duty scenarios and generally almost using the E-I forums as their own personal diary.

It stirs something uncomfortable up inside me. I'm sorry for being blunt but to me, this site is a means by which men can connect with women who are both willing to enter into a transaction and then walk away. What I appear to be witnessing though is a step or two beyond that whereby things almost go beyond a transaction towards an opening up of personal relationships that have apparently come about between some boys and the girls on this site. Please - don't ask me to give examples at this point because if I had the time I could give tens of them and I think any regular poster on here knows what I'm talking about.

So what's happening ? Where are we going ? Are we to take it that this site has become pretty much a public text message service between people who have struck up some sort of "relationship" with each other and they're proud of it ? People talking in code with a wink and a nudge to each other and a mildly veiled implication that in the background there is more than meets the eye going on between people ?

I've been reading these boards since they were invented. And I've only got one thing to say about more recent developments:

Things just aren't like they used to be. And there was nothing wrong with things as they used to be.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillyWanka For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (03-08-12), nikole_vb3 (02-08-12), Shirley Joy (02-08-12)