Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinon on cannabis?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Funny thing is there are perscription drugs that already use cannabis and its and its by products... yet it itself is illegal. I'm not condoning the use of illegal drugs but its just funny how the world works sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    i have no problem with canibis at all its ok if you are not dependent on it and just use it to chill out i have never seen a voilent person on canibis there all so damn calm lol but i knew somebody and all he did was smoke canibis and he was dependent on it and to be honest he looked fucking terrible everyday he looked like a walking dead man lol i mean he smoked no fags just canibis, maybe 2 or 3 giants an hour and it had no effect on him cause i think he was just imuned to it he just didnt get stoned anymore it was like a big crave or something, well anyway he turned out to be an idiot

so if your a senisible person and not dependent on it then yes i have no problem as i say its your health you can do what you want with it!!!!!!!!!!!

but i seen young guys absoultly off there face on canibis and other substances and to say the least its not a happy site

eh hello....

Cannabis use can cause drug-induced psychosis, trigger the first episode of a psychotic illness, or make a pre-existing psychotic illness worse.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/schi.../10168/2017327

It is my opinion that that cannabis use can lead to violence...and in some people it is a gateway drug to other drugs...I fucking hate it to but it mildly.
    Last edited by Martin Mod; 13-07-12 at 13:33.
    Kisses Katie

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curvyirishgirl katie For This Useful Post:

Deven (13-07-12), retired punter (13-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by curvyirishgirl katie View Post

Personally i work in the area of Mental Health and I can say that cannabis use can lead to voilence...and insome peaple is a gateway drug to other drugs...I fucking hate it to but it mildly.
    Eh Hello....

Alcohol which must people can get there hands on is a lot worse than Cannabis in that sense leading to violence.....Fact

Go ask the police how many people have been arrested for crimes have consumed alcohol ...then ask them many have just Smoked cannabis ....It's legal in Amsterdam...And it's a cert that the crime rate in Uk is higher than that in Holland..

Legalize Cannabis.....Decriminalize Prostitution....Regulate both...........Ban Alcohol World would be a Safer Happier place

Reviews

I have never used nor do I want to ever but I don't care if others do as long as they respect my boundary and not smoke in front of me, it's second hand smoke would be a problem, I will respect there choice. Those with additive nature can get addicted to any thing be it alcohol, smoking, food, ect. Smoking is nothing but harmful and extremely additive but there would be uproar if it were to be made illegal, alcohol while not as additive alters how we behave and think when consumed but we see both of them as normal which is odd if you think about it. I am not an advocate to legalize drugs as there are extremely destructive one out there but I don't see why it should matter to me if someone want to use it if they respect those that don't by not doing it in front of them.
    Last edited by Deven; 13-07-12 at 08:00.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deven For This Useful Post:

curvyirishgirl katie (13-07-12), warmcome (13-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker85 View Post
    Eh Hello....

Alcohol which must people can get there hands on is a lot worse than Cannabis in that sense leading to violence.....Fact

Go ask the police how many people have been arrested for crimes have consumed alcohol ...then ask them many have just Smoked cannabis ....It's legal in Amsterdam...And it's a cert that the crime rate in Uk is higher than that in Holland..

Legalize Cannabis.....Decriminalize Prostitution....Regulate both...........Ban Alcohol World would be a Safer Happier place

Its nice to see that you can dismiss Katie's opinion as wrong. She says she works in the area of mental health and deals with the fallout of the use of cannabis. I'm sure she would also agree that the abuse of alcohol is also a big problem. As she is a professional in the area of mental health I'm more than happy to take her word on it over your opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to retired punter For This Useful Post:

curvyirishgirl katie (13-07-12)

Reviews

about 10% of the UK population smoke Cannabis daily, i would guess
    Ireland is similar. with these stronger strains, some people cause health
    problems by over indulging, this happens with Ireland's favourite drug, alcohol.

many people with phychiatric issues have never smoked a joint? some very large
    hospitals/instituitions were built in times prior to the advent of Cannabis use?
    Last edited by warmcome; 13-07-12 at 08:12.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

saoirsemac (13-07-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by retired punter View Post
    Its nice to see that you can dismiss Katie's opinion as wrong. She says she works in the area of mental health and deals with the fallout of the use of cannabis. I'm sure she would also agree that the abuse of alcohol is also a big problem. As she is a professional in the area of mental health I'm more than happy to take her word on it over your opinion.
    Get the point I said that Alcohol is a much bigger lead to violence than Cannabis, As being a heavy user few years back and being around others while smoking it, Never once have i seen any Violence from people who ONLY consumed cannabis ....

Alcohol .....YES many's of time!

after a horrific car crash which not all surived, i sliped 3 disks in back

and suffered terraible nightmares, still get the odd one

all the meds made me ill and only relief i got was cannabis, (homegrown unmodified i dnt grow it btw) i drink about 4 or 5 times a year and smoke weekly not daily but weekly
    i know people with ms and cancers who use it daily for a few years,

kate is of course right it CAN lead to it... skunk etc are stronger strains and addictive

but been also form a similar background to kate id like to agrue alchol has caused a fuck load more damage in this country

and blow for blow alchol is the more dangerous drug

u look at people who are in physciatric care form smoking cannabis r u sure they didnt have any disorders before?

alchol is widely noted for destroyin brain cells liver function etc

are the people here condeming a drug which is widely know for its medical purposes drink alchol?

if u do do u stay within ur daily units?

i never heard of whiskey been in tablet for ms or cancer but i know of medical grade drugs that have cannabis

its when people fuck with nature that it gets dangerous, in parts of austriala ur allowed to grow ur own so it wud be natural safer plants
    not everyone wants stronger i dnt, i dnt like been whacked out of it, just enough to get rid of the pain in my back, since loosing weight tho i have decreased a huge amount due to the fact my disks in back have less pressure on them

and as far as kid getting there hands on it if i had a kid i rather them buying a few grams of weed and smoking it in my home than getting a bottle of vodka and heading to a park, coz at least i can give my children proper non biased education on it

i have found this attitude in dublin alot a friend dies form a od of herion and all drugs are condemed

yet that same person is hammered on a saturday night and tbh some of them fight with drink on them too
    make fools of themselfs

and they condem me for the odd joint for pain relief? or condem the ms or cancer patients form daily use to stop sickness and body spasms?

as i said yes kate is right but for a small percentage

its like this game a small percentage are trafficed and they want it banned... whats going happen then eh u reckon?

the hosipailty sector is prob one of the more abused for trafficking do we close all resturants?

end of the day its lack of education and people going no no no that make teenagers etc fuck up
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

the traveller (13-07-12), warmcome (13-07-12)

Reviews

the drinks industry and the drug companies fear it, because it
    challenges the products that they have for sale. they lobby against it's decriminalisation.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

saoirsemac (13-07-12), the traveller (13-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    the drinks industry and the drug companies fear it, because it
    challenges the products that they have for sale. they lobby against it's decriminalisation.
    spot on, if u cud buy form a reputable dealer if legal wud u? regulated safe weed

of course u cant always be sure, but how many of us have drank poitin?

id be much happier walking into a chemist or how ever they do it than using someone where i dnt know where it was grow or wat its been sprayed with to give it weight

if legal and regulated i wud and cud make a decision based on that

there no doubt it can destroy SOME lifes like alchol destroys SOME lifes

i wud love to see an UNBIASED statstic which shows which causes the greater damage

both mental and physical such as liver damage heart diease etc
    Last edited by saoirsemac; 13-07-12 at 09:01.
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

the traveller (13-07-12), warmcome (13-07-12)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast