Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Cim danger?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Biscuit View Post
    Anyone wanna buy me an article from science direct or the elsevier database by any chance?

Edit: posted before i saw links
    Please do read the links. They are illuminating. The HPV vaccine means very little to your sexual safety. Hep B may be a good idea. Im off to have a nice mojito before I get my boat
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Disco Biscuit (24-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Hey Mr Disco x

Google : CDC HPV or CDC herpes, or CDC HIV, etc. You get the idea

To the ladies :

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-H...oung-women.htm

" Will sexually active females benefit from the vaccine?

Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active and exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine, but they may get less benefit from it. This is because they may have already gotten one or more of HPV types targeted by the vaccines. However, few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types prevented by the vaccines, so most young women could still get protection by getting vaccinated."

Yawn. I would rather get a vaccine that protects me from some of the strains than not have a vaccine and be wholly exposed.

Each to their own. I rather protect myself.
    One word. Fudge
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 24-06-12 at 17:37.

Hey Mr Disco x

Google : CDC HPV or CDC herpes, or CDC HIV, etc. You get the idea

To the ladies :

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-H...oung-women.htm

" Will sexually active females benefit from the vaccine?

Ideally females should get the vaccine before they become sexually active and exposed to HPV. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine, but they may get less benefit from it. This is because they may have already gotten one or more of HPV types targeted by the vaccines. However, few sexually active young women are infected with all HPV types prevented by the vaccines, so most young women could still get protection by getting vaccinated."

Yawn. I would rather get a vaccine that protects me from some of the strains than not have a vaccine and be wholly exposed.

Each to their own. I rather protect myself.
    Are you aged under 26 yrs Steph?

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Please do read the links. They are illuminating. The HPV vaccine means very little to your sexual safety. Hep B may be a good idea. Im off to have a nice mojito before I get my boat
    I am up to date with Hep Vacc's as recommended by the clinic. HPV Vaccine has never been offered nor discussed.. Maybe because I'm aged over 26 and there's no evidence to support it being given to women over that age.

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    " Ideally, patients should be vaccinated before onset of sexual activity, when they may be exposed to HPV. Patients who have been infected with one or more HPV types still get protection from the vaccine types they have not acquired. "

You have a silly habit of linking pages that contradict your ' facts' . Amusing.

Nah. Boring.
    Last edited by Stephanie; 24-06-12 at 17:44.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    I am up to date with Hep Vacc's as recommended by the clinic. HPV Vaccine has never been offered nor discussed.. Maybe because I'm aged over 26 and there's no evidence to support it being given to women over that age.
    And it appears there isn't a test for men that is considered useful. So basically, foot mouth- mouth foot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (24-06-12)

" Ideally, patients should be vaccinated before onset of sexual activity, when they may be exposed to HPV. Patients who have been infected with one or more HPV types still get protection from the vaccine types they have not acquired. "

You have a silly habit of linking pages that contradict your ' facts' . Amusing.
    Not this one I didnt

Is there a test for HPV in men?
    Currently, there is no HPV test recommended for men. The only approved HPV tests on the market are for screening women for cervical cancer. They are not useful for screening for HPV-related cancers or genital warts in men.

Screening for anal cancer is not routinely recommended for men. This is because more research is needed to find out if it can actually prevent anal cancer. However, some experts do recommend yearly anal cancer screening (anal Pap tests) for gay, bisexual, and HIV-positive men – since anal cancer is more common in these men.

There is no approved test to find genital warts for men or women. However, most of the time, you can see genital warts. If you think you may have genital warts, you should see a health care provider.
    There is no test for men to check one’s overall “HPV status.” But HPV usually goes away on its own, without causing health problems. So an HPV infection that is found today will most likely not be there a year or two from now.
    Screening tests are not available for penile cancer.
    You can check for any abnormalities on your penis, scrotum, or around the anus. See your doctor if you find warts, blisters, sores, ulcers, white patches, or other abnormal areas on your penis—even if they do not hurt.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...TogxMtqOwbtzUQ

You have an amusing habit of claiming things that arent true for your own gain.
    Last edited by lucy chambers; 24-06-12 at 17:47.

Currently the evidence and reseach concerning HPV vaccine is limited to young women under the age of 26.
    Why would you staunchly defend a vaccine of which you have no idea whether it works on a woman your age and does not cover all strains of the virus even in young womern..yet provide services for which there is plenty documented evidence of it being very risky.
    Last edited by UKHeather; 24-06-12 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHeather View Post
    Currently the evidence and reseach concerning HPV vaccine is limited to young women under the age of 26.
    Why would you staunchly defend a vaccine of which you have no idea whether it works on a woman your age and does not cover all strains of the virus even in young womern..yet provide services for which there is plenty documented evidence of it being very risky.
    Yawn, ladies (plural ) Bone's dry. Chew'd to death. Move on.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Yawn, ladies (plural ) Bone's dry. Chew'd to death. Move on.
    Lol, again, You keep coming back for more, hey? I think its been a handy lesson in truth

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast