Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is been irish?

Default what is been irish?

im a lover of music, its something that was always in the house and i firmly think it can inspire enontions and taught while listening to chirsty moore,

i got thinking the irish when it came to song writing had a wonderful passion and poerty

fundemental, based on imagration and the troubles the famine, these songs are lemeanting poertry at its best

the irish have scatter the world, and still there allows that want the need for the connection

i had a family member died abroad, in his final hours all he cud speak about was ireland, the home he left, the home he left his mother standing at the door waving him off for she to pass while he was away

he always had a jar of sand form the beach here with him and was buried with it, he didnt want to be buried on forgein soil, the final hours where of home,

home is where the heart is, i think the irish have a great longing for the country, maybe we feel robed of a culture, as they say if u cud roof it be a great little country, but aside wat goverments have done, but think about just the country the culture, recession have wonderful way of making us remember that

i do not think the irish are unique to this, i think maybe people forced to leave there countries will always have there heart there

i for one drunkenly and weeping sang song for ireland on bondi beach one xmas day followed by the tradational drunken call home to mammy wishing and praying that u cud just go home form one day,

the best love songs are written by broken hearts, and the irish are a lementing nation,

as they say poetry in motion

********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

bigslip (16-06-12), ChunkyJoe (16-06-12), jay67 (16-06-12), mature abby (17-06-12), Melindablondey (17-06-12), mer (16-06-12), UKHeather (16-06-12), User300415 (16-06-12), westcorklad (16-06-12), windmill39 (16-06-12)

Reviews

so what your saying in summary is you are pissed as a fart yeah?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Clyde (16-06-12), hd7055 (16-06-12)

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    so what your saying in summary is you are pissed as a fart yeah?

nah just poundering
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

6. Default

That is a great way of putting it. I am proud to be Irish. And was privileged to be in Poznan for the game vs Croatia. The result was rubbish, but the atmosphere before and after was nothing short of amazing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scottyboy35 For This Useful Post:

User300415 (16-06-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by saoirsemac View Post
    im a lover of music, its something that was always in the house and i firmly think it can inspire enontions and taught while listening to chirsty moore,

i got thinking the irish when it came to song writing had a wonderful passion and poerty

fundemental, based on imagration and the troubles the famine, these songs are lemeanting poertry at its best

the irish have scatter the world, and still there allows that want the need for the connection

i had a family member died abroad, in his final hours all he cud speak about was ireland, the home he left, the home he left his mother standing at the door waving him off for she to pass while he was away

he always had a jar of sand form the beach here with him and was buried with it, he didnt want to be buried on forgein soil, the final hours where of home,

home is where the heart is, i think the irish have a great longing for the country, maybe we feel robed of a culture, as they say if u cud roof it be a great little country, but aside wat goverments have done, but think about just the country the culture, recession have wonderful way of making us remember that

i do not think the irish are unique to this, i think maybe people forced to leave there countries will always have there heart there

i for one drunkenly and weeping sang song for ireland on bondi beach one xmas day followed by the tradational drunken call home to mammy wishing and praying that u cud just go home form one day,

the best love songs are written by broken hearts, and the irish are a lementing nation,

as they say poetry in motion

Yea grew up out with da boys getting up to no good having a listen to christy Moore and the pogs...good times lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy35 View Post
    That is a great way of putting it. I am proud to be Irish. And was privileged to be in Poznan for the game vs Croatia. The result was rubbish, but the atmosphere before and after was nothing short of amazing.
    I was in gdansk for the spain match. the singing of " the fields of athenry " was was an act of sheer defiance. it was a quite a moment. I feel the game against Italy will carry similar sentiment. there is nothing like the feeling of cameraderie when your backs are to the wall. " we wont go quietly" !!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ISO HAWNY For This Useful Post:

User300415 (16-06-12)

Reviews

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

Clyde (16-06-12), Melindablondey (17-06-12)

Reviews

We're nothing but a crowd of litter lout, law breaking, foul mouthed piss heads ( with some exceptions ) with a misplaced pride in being Irish because if we had real pride there would be less of the afore mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Like lots of ppl I done my stints abroad looking for work. America and the UK. But despite the "far away hills are green" phenomenon after a while you still want to be back here no matter how good or bad the place is. Call it sentiment or whatever. But It's always there.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChunkyJoe For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (17-06-12), User300415 (16-06-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyJoe View Post
    Like lots of ppl I done my stints abroad looking for work. America and the UK. But despite the "far away hills are green" phenomenon after a while you still want to be back here no matter how good or bad the place is. Call it sentiment or whatever. But It's always there.
    for all its faults,it is home, like you i did my tours of duty aboard,but never got the place out of my system
    taking a break, but not gone

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wanted the best 69 For This Useful Post:

ChunkyJoe (16-06-12), Melindablondey (17-06-12), User300415 (16-06-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast