Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grocery stores in Ireland(for desert lovers)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    I think thats the way to go! Everyone should grow their own and have a few chickens for fresh eggs.
    You gave me an idea there. Maybe I could strike a deal with my future husband - an hour of heavy duty gardening in exchange for an hour of footie on tv. Although not sure, what is in there for me.
    Both are equally enjoyable and rewarding Anna!!
    Thanks for the feedback, think I'll go for it and rent the allotment!!

Reviews

One of the best desserts I've had is M&S Key Lime Pie. Really light taste to it, with small pieces of lime throughout the
    cream on top of a biscuit base. Delicious

Blog Entries

I mowed my lawn this morning while the sun was shining and watered my new magnolia tree, so I've done my bit in the garden and it was a satisfying feeling.

I don't crochet, but I have had a go at cross-stitch, silk painting, pottery, acrylic painting and stuff like that. I used to hold host a cross-stitching weekly meeting years gone by and it used to be fun. I used to sell most of what I made to pay for new materials. I don't seem to have time for stuff like that any more, but I think that is more due to spending too much time on the internet than anything else.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (15-04-12), Uisce Beatha (15-04-12)

Quote Originally Posted by gentelmandave View Post
    Did you ever try the millionaires desert/tart from Tesco? Costs about 7euro gorgeous with whipped cream but very high in fat and calories. But worth it an odd time
    Do you mean the belgian chocolate tart perhaps? 7e is bit steep for me but I dont mind rich in calories.

Quote Originally Posted by theqm View Post
    One of the best desserts I've had is M&S Key Lime Pie. Really light taste to it, with small pieces of lime throughout the
    cream on top of a biscuit base. Delicious
    Never tried it as I was afraid it is sour and I dont like sour. Is it sour? I should though as my tastes are becoming too predictable -chocolate, cream, chocolate, cream, chocolate, orange blossom and so on...

Reviews

Never tried it as I was afraid it is sour and I dont like sour. Is it sour? I should though as my tastes are becoming too predictable -chocolate, cream, chocolate, cream, chocolate, orange blossom and so on...
    I wouldn't describe it as a sour taste at all Anna, a very light almost hint of lime flavour in the cream. The pieces of lime
    are tiny & you don't even realise they are there. There's also a mini dessert of the same flavour with biscuit, cream
    & a lime jelly thing on the top. Equally good
    I do like M&S chocoalte cheesecake as well though

8. The Following User Says Thank You to theqm For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (15-04-12)

Reviews

Do you mean the belgian chocolate tart perhaps? 7e is bit steep for me but I dont mind rich in calories.
    Yep thats the one they use to do two small ones in a packet for 3euro but only see the tart lately i had it as a special treat last week for easter but back on my diet again

Quote Originally Posted by Uisce Beatha View Post
    Both are equally enjoyable and rewarding Anna!!
    Thanks for the feedback, think I'll go for it and rent the allotment!!
    Great! You will add to your enviromental responsibility by avoiding veggies to be delivered long distances plus you will be eating non pesticided non gmo basically organic that you've lovingly grown yourself. Such food has than different energy and you will eat with a better appreciation and gratitude which will make you even healtier in return.
    Work in the garden connects you to mother earth and its natural cycles as an added benifit which will help you to be more accepting and make you feel more grounded. Not to mention that it is an equivalent to exercise on fresh air.
    Dont forget to spread the news about all the benefits.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

Uisce Beatha (15-04-12)

Reviews

best store to buy desserts in is Superquinn by a mile. A bit more expensive but definitley worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Apr View Post
    best store to buy desserts in is Superquinn by a mile. A bit more expensive but definitley worth it
    I wouldnt know. We dont have any nearby in dublin CC and I rarely leave the CC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast