Thread: Performing Animals & Circuses

Reviews

Angry Performing Animals & Circuses

Good day all. You may or may not have heard about that incident down in Cork regarding the elephant that ran loose in Blackpool a day or 2 ago. Well that is where this thread stems from.

Yay or nay? I for one think that in this day and age, animals should not be forced to perform in circuses. Or at the very least, not exotic animals like elephants. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and be totally prejudiced in saying that I truly do not believe that these animals are treated well. I could well be wrong, but what kinda of people want to make money from enslaving (and that's exactly what it is) a beautiful creature like an elephant? I actually cannot believe that a circus like this is actually in Ireland. I know times are bad and all but allowing circuses like this to perform in Ireland is nothing short of barbaric as far as I am concerned. And I'm certain there are a lot more barbaric circuses like this operating worldwide.

It is nothing short of cruelty in my eyes.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (31-03-12), Julius Caesar (31-03-12), Sexy Fernanda (31-03-12), Uisce Beatha (01-04-12), UKHeather (01-04-12)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHeaven View Post
    You do know that circuses regularly let animals "escape". Look at all the free publicity !!!!
    Remember the Lama's on the M50????
    Oh I remember that well. Free publicity indeed. Someone could have died or even the elephant itself could have been severely injured. But I bet the circus doesn't give a shit about that, only the €€€'s.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

I find this thread offensive talking about james the performing monkey is not on
    "Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Julius Caesar For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (01-04-12)

Blog Entries

yeah i heard....

I don't agree,circus shouldn't have big animals like elephant and tigers....

for the elephant do the tricks they have to hurt then

the place for a guy like this size should be only in the zoo or in the jungle...where have plenty of space....
    Retired for good all together.
    Thank you all the gentlemen I met, who I'll have sweet memories of it.
    Kids, don't do anything that I wouldn't after I'm gone( the good part?) not much left Loll

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Fernanda For This Useful Post:

client030314 (02-04-12), Julius Caesar (01-04-12), ladiesman217 (31-03-12), Uisce Beatha (01-04-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

That day is gone now, go to the fucking zoo where at least they try to give the animals a living space
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy fernanda View Post
    yeah i heard....

I don't agree,circus shouldn't have big animals like elephant and tigers....

for the elephant do the tricks they have to hurt then

the place for a guy like this size should be only in the zoo or in the jungle...where have plenty of space....
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

Very sad when animals are used for entertainment. I wouldn't visit a circus or zoo. Animals belong in their natural habitat, or if that's not possible, a sanctuary.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UKHeather For This Useful Post:

Uisce Beatha (01-04-12)

Reviews

Surely zoos are an important part of animal conservation?

As for circuses - I agree that it's sad to see magnificent animals like seals, elephants, tigers etc drugged up to the eyeballs while some asshole makes them stagger around a ring. Surely a circus with exciting gymnasts and stunts would be way better.