Thread: A bad decision

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default A bad decision

It's hard to see why she was ever prosecuted. It's baffling that the conviction was upheld.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...-claim-husband

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

harry10 (13-03-12), jimbobbins (13-03-12), Morpheus (13-03-12)

Because she did it.

I think this is a case of the law being the law and common sense going out the window.

Not particularly unusual when it comes to the judiciary
    Last edited by Martin41; 13-03-12 at 20:07.

Reviews

Let me get this straight! This poor women was allegedly raped repeatedly by her husband. She makes a police report and then a case is made against the husband.

She then retracts her accusations, supposedly out of duress from her husband and his sister. The case against the husband collapses.

When the police requestioned her, she said that she really had been raped, and that her retraction had been false.

Then she was sentenced to 8 months in jail for perverting the course of justice, while her husband is free!!!

The fact that she only had to serve 18 days and do the rest of the sentence in community service is almost irrelevant!!!

What sort of f*cked up justice system is this?????????

Honestly El Gordo if you weren't always right about facts and figures, I would have sworn you were making this up!!!!!!
    Last edited by Morpheus; 13-03-12 at 20:17.
    "Don't be reckless with other people’s hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Morpheus For This Useful Post:

very shy guy (13-03-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Let me get this straight! This poor women was allegedly raped repeatedly by her husband. She makes a police report and then a case is made against the husband.

She then retracts her accusations, supposedly out of duress from her husband and his sister. The case against the husband collapses.

When the police requestioned her, she said that she really had been raped, and that her retraction had been false.

Then she was sentenced to 8 months in jail for perverting the course of justice, while her husband is free!!!

The fact that she only had to serve 18 days and do the rest of the sentence in community service is almost irrelevant!!!

What sort of f*cked up justice system is this?????????

Honestly El Gordo if you weren't always right about facts and figures, I would have sworn you were making this up!!!!!!
    He was also forcing her to work as a prostitute. Its a really poor result. Hopefully it will go to the Supreme Court, as its seems unsound. There was a change of law anyway, to enable the police to prosecute a partner if his partner tries to drop charges, so its hard to see how she could be tried.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (13-03-12)

Reviews

The only thing she was guilty of was being married to an animal,what a lovely family to be married into,what do you make of the sister putting pressure on here as well,the law is an ass,makes me sick.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to very shy guy For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (13-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

What makes this case so ridiculous is that the CPS prosecuted her because they believe she really was raped. I know that sounds hard to believe, but if you read the article then it's clear that that's what happened.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

Anna23 (13-03-12), Morpheus (13-03-12), very shy guy (13-03-12)

Wow. And this happened in the UK or Ireland?
    It just shows that none of us is safe before the law. And it just as well shows, that it isn't there to protect us as some like to believe.

Reviews

Typical. Another crystal clear example of how the law is nothing but a bad joke........ The guilty live on while the innocent suffer. Justice is all but dead and gone.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 13-03-12 at 23:08.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Morpheus (13-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
    Wow. And this happened in the UK or Ireland?
    It just shows that none of us is safe before the law. And it just as well shows, that it isn't there to protect us as some like to believe.
    This was in the UK.