Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove your Google Web History

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Remove your Google Web History

Thought this feature might be relevant to 1 or 2 members......

March 1 is the day Google's new unified privacy policy goes into effect, which means your Google Web History will be shared among all of the Google products you use.

Do you know if Google is tracking your Web activity? If you have a Google account (for, say, Gmail) and have not specifically located and paused the Web History setting, then the search giant is keeping track of your searches and the sites you visited. This data has been separated from other Google products, but on March 1 it will be shared across all of the Google products you use when Google's new privacy policy goes into effect.

If you'd like to prevent Google from combining this potentially sensitive data with the information it has collected from your YouTube, Google+, and other Google accounts, you can remove your Web History and stop it from being recorded moving forward.

You can remove all of your Web History with the press of a button.

After signing into your Google account, type https://www.google.com/history into your browser. (Alternatively, you can choose Account Settings from the pull-down menu in the upper-right corner of a Google product such as Gmail, Google+, or Google.com. From the Account Settings page, scroll down to the Services header and click on the "Go to web history" link.) If your Web History is enabled, you'll see a list of recent searches and sites visited. Click the gray Remove all Web History button at the top of the page and a subsequent OK button to clear your Web History.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to GriffW For This Useful Post:

aml (24-02-12), Apr (28-02-12), brat169 (24-02-12), Curvaceous Kate (24-02-12), DaithiMac (24-02-12), Fitzy (24-02-12), harry10 (24-02-12), ladiesman217 (24-02-12), mart (01-03-12), max california (24-02-12), mellors (24-02-12), Morpheus (24-02-12), muineman (28-02-12), English Nina (01-03-12), Sexy Sandy 69 (28-02-12), Stephanie (24-02-12), Sweet Julie (24-02-12), Usernamed (24-02-12), westcorklad (24-02-12)

Reviews

Cheers. I don't really care what Google do with my searches etc, but still nice to switch the option off.

It won't be long until Google are building Robots... think Skynet.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GriffW View Post
    Thought this feature might be relevant to 1 or 2 members......

March 1 is the day Google's new unified privacy policy goes into effect, which means your Google Web History will be shared among all of the Google products you use.

Do you know if Google is tracking your Web activity? If you have a Google account (for, say, Gmail) and have not specifically located and paused the Web History setting, then the search giant is keeping track of your searches and the sites you visited. This data has been separated from other Google products, but on March 1 it will be shared across all of the Google products you use when Google's new privacy policy goes into effect.

If you'd like to prevent Google from combining this potentially sensitive data with the information it has collected from your YouTube, Google+, and other Google accounts, you can remove your Web History and stop it from being recorded moving forward.

You can remove all of your Web History with the press of a button.

After signing into your Google account, type https://www.google.com/history into your browser. (Alternatively, you can choose Account Settings from the pull-down menu in the upper-right corner of a Google product such as Gmail, Google+, or Google.com. From the Account Settings page, scroll down to the Services header and click on the "Go to web history" link.) If your Web History is enabled, you'll see a list of recent searches and sites visited. Click the gray Remove all Web History button at the top of the page and a subsequent OK button to clear your Web History.
    Thanks , thats a good post.

Blog Entries

Can you post the rules (how to remove the history) for mozilla, explorer and safari? I use on my windows laptop mozilla and explorer and on my iPAD Safari. I fly to DUbai next week and would like to remove all history and cookies propperly.
    Thanks

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post
    Cheers. I don't really care what Google do with my searches etc, but still nice to switch the option off.

You mean something like this?
    http://undergoogle.com/tools/GoogleMasterPlanEN.html

I can verify that whiteboard was real. It was on display in the foyer of their Mountain View HQ and I saw it with my own eyes

RE web history - most browsers now include a Private Browsing mode which automatically takes care of cleaning up history and cookies after each browser session is closed. Any self respecting Internet pervert should be using them!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThisUserNameIsTaken For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (28-02-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Jessica View Post
    Can you post the rules (how to remove the history) for mozilla, explorer and safari? I use on my windows laptop mozilla and explorer and on my iPAD Safari. I fly to DUbai next week and would like to remove all history and cookies propperly.
    Thanks
    Links here for you Jessica -

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000510.htm
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/apple...ory-in-safari/

Enjoy Dubai
    Last edited by GriffW; 24-02-12 at 10:39.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GriffW For This Useful Post:

Sexy_Jessica (24-02-12)

Reviews

I use a Dolphin HD app on my phone. On exiting all history and cookies are automatically deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernamed View Post

Both Skynet and Cyberdyne Systems(The two companies from terminator) are actual companies both internet/machinery based

Where's that John Conner when you need him eh
    “Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.”
    ― Dan Brown, Inferno

Reviews

This has nothing to do with your browser settings. This is when on the google search engine. Log on to your gmail and you have to delete the history in there. After 1 march you cant do this and it will match your ip address with your gmail and record your every search and prompt you with stuff based on thet history. Do you want your loved ones doing a google search on your laptop or home pc etc getting suggestions tailored to your previous searches?????. Delete the history and the setting stays if done before 1 march. After that it is recorded anonamously and deleted after 18 months. You have the chance now . Dont be lazy and say I dont care. Believe me you will be kicking yourself!
    Last edited by pez; 24-02-12 at 11:39. Reason: spelling

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pez For This Useful Post:

GriffW (24-02-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

[QUOTE=pez;712760]Do you want your loved ones doing a google search on your laptop or home pc etc getting suggestions tailored to your previous searches?????. [QUOTE]

Looking forward to some good stories being told in March
    Last edited by GriffW; 24-02-12 at 12:19.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast