Thread: Phone numbers visible

Reviews

Exclamation Phone numbers visible

I see it's being reported in the UK that O2 users who access websites from their 3g phones may have their phone numbers visible to the site. Apparently when someone accesses a website on a handset the type of phone etc is sent so the the site can be loaded in the correct format, it turns out that O2 users mobile phone numbers are also being sent to the sites. This is a serious breach of data protection and could lead to some hairy instances. Not sure if the same applies here, but lets be careful out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to doodlebug For This Useful Post:

Miss Alisha (25-01-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    I see it's being reported in the UK that O2 users who access websites from their 3g phones may have their phone numbers visible to the site. Apparently when someone accesses a website on a handset the type of phone etc is sent so the the site can be loaded in the correct format, it turns out that O2 users mobile phone numbers are also being sent to the sites. This is a serious breach of data protection and could lead to some hairy instances. Not sure if the same applies here, but lets be careful out there.
    they're watching ur every move you know. They know wat ur going to do before you do it. Scary. Lol

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WatWatWat View Post
    they're watching ur every move you know. They know wat ur going to do before you do it. Scary. Lol
    LOL, I grew up in a situation where they admitted they knew what I was having for dinner on a daily basis so it doesn't frighten me, just think some users who mask ip address etc, might be concerned.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Scary stuff thats going on at the moment with privacy laws on Internet changing you could find yourself in a lot of trouble one day without even knowing it. It's a warning for Ladies and the clents.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beniktt View Post
    Scary stuff thats going on at the moment with privacy laws on Internet changing you could find yourself in a lot of trouble one day without even knowing it. It's a warning for Ladies and the clents.
    Use a proxy server when usuing the internet it's not that difficult GAWD.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    Use a proxy server when usuing the internet it's not that difficult GAWD.
    Using a non-irish proxy server seemingly to submit reviews can lead to a ban being put on your account on here.