Thread: Interesting article

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Interesting article

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gordo For This Useful Post:

max california (28-03-12), UKHeather (28-03-12)

Quite worrying. I wonder what would have happened to Brooke Magnanti if she was working in the US though? Bizarre morals.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (28-03-12)

Very interesting and well writen article.Yes, I know this is America but this is happening throughout the world. We expect our students to spend up to 7 years in college, gaining the necessary knowledge to heal us, design for us and to teach our children to the standard we expect and yet when someone turns to selling sex to fund, not a lavish lifestyle but their students life, we castigate them. Something needs addressing and soon. We, as a country are handing out billions to bankers, investors and crooked politicians and yet we can't provide sufficient funding for our students, our future.
    I only hope that Melissa Petro is more appreciated as a journalist than she was as a teacher.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Toptatts For This Useful Post:

UKHeather (28-03-12)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

It was certainly courageous of her to use her real name in her writing. It's a pity she's paid such a high price for it.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    It was certainly courageous of her to use her real name in her writing. It's a pity she's paid such a high price for it.
    Seems naive to me. School authorities tend to be ultra conservative. If she really wanted to keep that job, she should have stayed schtum..