Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Are they expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    ahhh i know what you mean sweetie i started smoking when i was 11 lol used to rob me parents ciggies haha thought i was a real cool dude haha from there on in i was smoking right up to age 19 it was really cool tho it really put me in a calm mood when i was bored or having a crap day, and when ever i didnt have a ciggie i was really in a bad mood i wud bite someones head off haha, but 1 day i seen my fitness leval was just so shit lol i wud be out of breath after playing sports and it really made me think that if i ever want to be good at sports and keep fit now is the time to quite, so i said thats it im quiting, i didnt use any patches tho and it was a tough first few weeks but everytime i felt like a smoke i just went and ate something lol and now im smoke free 2 years later

its easy hun but its all will power you can do it
    well,my fitness level isn't that good but hey....i'm still in a great shape when i do sex.i never get tired

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sara26 For This Useful Post:

mer (05-12-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sara26 View Post
    well,my fitness level isn't that good but hey....i'm still in a great shape when i do sex.i never get tired
    haha lol sweetie well i can say your fitness leval is very good

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

sara26 (05-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    I'll give you that, unfortunately, in the office, I have to run out for a fag, have two in a row and come back in so I dont have time to roll :/

But smoking 20 a day(roughly) is robbing me clean....near to £7 a day and it does add up!!

7 x 7 = 49
    49 x 52 = 2548
    Cadge them off someone else its cheaper.
    Was walking along the fragrant River Lee yesterday when a real old dosser (JC i think) came up to me and asked for a ciggie. Gave him one and a light and he gave me a lovely meths/cider tasting smacker right on the lips !! Ffs. Wont be looking for FK on a profile for awhile
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

TomEA (05-12-11)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    ahhh i know what you mean sweetie i started smoking when i was 11 lol used to rob me parents ciggies haha thought i was a real cool dude haha from there on in i was smoking right up to age 19 it was really cool tho it really put me in a calm mood when i was bored or having a crap day, and when ever i didnt have a ciggie i was really in a bad mood i wud bite someones head off haha, but 1 day i seen my fitness leval was just so shit lol i wud be out of breath after playing sports and it really made me think that if i ever want to be good at sports and keep fit now is the time to quite, so i said thats it im quiting, i didnt use any patches tho and it was a tough first few weeks but everytime i felt like a smoke i just went and ate something lol and now im smoke free 2 years later

its easy hun but its all will power you can do it
    Trouble is Mer is now 25 stone and still shite at sports !
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

mer (05-12-11)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Trouble is Mer is now 25 stone and still shite at sports !
    nah my body is just made weird lol im telling you i can eat all day long and not gain 1 stone haha im a little over 12 stone and i look way less lol i just must have heavy bones or something haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mer For This Useful Post:

mellors (05-12-11)

In New York City, a pack of Marlboros is approx $13 =€10.33 = £8.95

Many smokers hop over to New Jersey once a month where they are about a third cheaper, know a bloke who used to get his cigs mail order from a Indian Reservation for several years- until he got presented with a bill for $2,700.. which he had to pay (no shit - just google this one)!!!

Know a few people who've used the 'e-cigs' to quit.

This may be a shaggy dog story... but I read that a while back a Philip Morris 'secret' report compiled for the Czech government which pointed out the dangers of over-taxation on tobacco in a socialized state viz: If you raise the price too high it does stop some smokers...but the increased cost of pensions supposedly far outstrips the extra short term revenue made!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by PeepingTom View Post
    I'll give you that, unfortunately, in the office, I have to run out for a fag, have two in a row and come back in so I dont have time to roll :/

But smoking 20 a day(roughly) is robbing me clean....near to £7 a day and it does add up!!

7 x 7 = 49
    49 x 52 = 2548
    imagane the the amount of girls you could see if you gave up the fags lol
    We're living in a world full of illusion. Everything is so unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Franken996 View Post
    I read that a while back a Philip Morris 'secret' report compiled for the Czech government which pointed out the dangers of over-taxation on tobacco in a socialized state viz: If you raise the price too high it does stop some smokers...but the increased cost of pensions supposedly far outstrips the extra short term revenue made!!
    Had always meant to track this one down... not a shaggy dog tale!!-
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1442555.stm
    http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=7889

On a related tangent- if the Irish government puts too much tax on cigs it will only drive even more blackmarket trade, many folks I know in IRL buy their fags from eastern european gentlemen...

Reviews

And they've just got dearer again. With the excise duty and vat increases, a packet of 20 should be €9.08 from midnight tonight............so hit the ATMs and down to your local store to stock up boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    And they've just got dearer again. With the excise duty and vat increases, a packet of 20 should be €9.08 from midnight tonight............so hit the ATMs and down to your local store to stock up boys and girls.
    Better still - ask your buddies from the east if they know anyone.. you can pick 'em up for about €4/pack that route...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast